Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have a 2005 TB LS with factory Wrangler ST 235-75-16 tires that are wearing fast after 42k miles. That size seems to be hard to find and is special order at most shops. In fact, when I ask for that size most shops give me weird looks saying TB's take a 245-70-16 size... which is common everywhere.

Should I just go with 245-70-16 tires and get it over with? Would handling or performance be improved changing to this tire size? How different would the TB look with this change?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
the 245/70 would be .3" shorter and about 10mm wider all depending on what brand tire you go with so you'll be ok. The speedo will be off ever so slightly but you won't even notice it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those aren't EVEN the OE tires man! The 245/70's are the right size. go to Tire Rack or any tire site and check it out.:duh:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
941 Posts
I've been running Yokohama Geolandar A/T-s 255/70 R16 for almost 2 years now and love them. They are slightly larger than OE, but the speedo can be corrected by someone with a Tech II scanner (probably the dealer). I have no rubbing or interference issues, they are silent, and they fill the wheel wells a little better and look tough!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Those aren't EVEN the OE tires man! The 245/70's are the right size. go to Tire Rack or any tire site and check it out.:duh:
05+ maybe 04+ got that new crappy size

I've been running Yokohama Geolandar A/T-s 255/70 R16 for almost 2 years now and love them. They are slightly larger than OE, but the speedo can be corrected by someone with a Tech II scanner (probably the dealer). I have no rubbing or interference issues, they are silent, and they fill the wheel wells a little better and look tough!
that tire would be closer to the OPs tires

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Up til 2005 they did come with 245-70-16s then in 2005 ( I think that's the year) GM changed to 235-75-16. 10mm narrower. Maybe slightly less rolling resistance? ? Or a cheaper tire for GM to buy?

·
Banned
7,255 Posts
I just got the H/T-S and they are great. highly recommend them

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're wrong. I know how to read the tire info door sticker and it definitely says 235/75/16... at least for a 2005 TB LS.

Anyway, found a great buy on a set of Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S's today in 235/75/16 for $460 installed and I'm the proud new owner of them.

Thanks to all for the replys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Extremely late to this feed But just had to put my 2 cents in MY 05 trailblazer ls came stock from the factory with p235/75/r16. It is very easy to do a little fact checking prior to bashing someone's post ... DUH......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts