• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - really appreciate any & all opinions.

I am original owner of a 2005 Silver EXT Trailblazer I6 RWD with 37000 original miles on it.

Though I'm from PA this has always been kept in Palm Beach Florida - just use it when I'm there - always with breathable UV cover on it. So paint looks amazingly virtually like new.

Drives great & has been reliable too. Rust is nonexistent & other than the exhaust manifold (which many I6 owners have seemed to also replaced) - repairs have been very few.

Every year I change oil - even though never putting more than a couple thousand miles on it. Have replaced tires, serpentine belt, done radiator flush/fill, trans flush/fill - new battery, etc..

BUT - given how little I use it, I feel like the truck is going to "age out" before it "wears out" & that I might do well to sell it now & get something newer, as someone else will put WAY more miles on it & could get the full life out of it (200k miles or so) in like 5 years - where in 5 years I'll have like 50k miles on it.. and some critical part may prove hard to find before it "wears out" (?)

And seems I would get a good price for it NOW given the unique mileage & good maintenance (for which I have all receipts)

Thoughts as to keep/sell? What do you think it's worth?

I sincerely appreciate any & all replies... Cheers, john

·
Registered
36 Posts
The truck being only RWD will have a better life in southern states, but to be able to put a price on it seems hard, i woukd think in the range of 6000 to 7500 would be appropriate but will Probably Even be harder to find somebody willing to pay that amount for a 14 years almost new truck...

I have same year TB but AWD with all the bell and whistles and KBB say the private value is of 4300 and my mileage is of 175k but in a trade in value it marks it at only 1800.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
179 Posts
Why would you sell something that's doing the job and likely paid for . Running it cost you little , next to nothing .
Maybe you need to keep up with the Jones . Maybe you're just filthy rich and need to throw money down a hole .
I guess it's part of this throw away society we live in .
Sorry for the rant .
I say run it .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha! I am neither filthy rich nor need to keep up with Joneses - lol. There’s always somebody that’s “more”, (bigger/faster/younger/richer whatever) - who cares.

Though I would be lying if I said it wouldn't be nice to have some more features that I don’t now, such as backup camera, Blindspot warning, Nav or CarPlay, etc. as I get older - but primarily I’d say the calculus is more like keeping it reliable and not having a catastrophic unfixable issue - some part I can’t get to fix it & being out of a vehicle, etc.. versus someone who’s going to buy it now and put 150k More miles on it.

how few miles I put on it every year is definitely part of the equation, and I think there’s some dollar amount at which it would make sense. Like, if it were $12k I unquestionably would sell. I realize it isn’t, but just to illustrate there’s some number where one could make the argument to sell it given my circumstances.

Thanks for the replies thus far!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Getting 12k seems unreal giving the fact that you can get a same year porsche cayenne for about 4-6k

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
179 Posts
There's a lot to said in favor of knowing the vehicles history . Who and how it was driven . Maintenance schedules ...
To me , that's worth knowing .
There probably isn't a single part that can't be found . And , it's likely to be that way for a fair amount of time to come .

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
96 Posts
Given the maintenance history of the vehicle, its condition, and low mileage, I'd say start by asking $6500 and go from there. I understand the concept of wanting someone to have the vehicle who will drive it and use it rather than let it slowly deteriorate, a concept some seem to have difficulty with. I sold a nice '69 Ford F250 Ranger Camper Special for exactly that reason. Eventually you will hit a price point that someone will think fair and reasonable. Good luck!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,217 Posts
It's even worse for me. I still have my 2002 LS that I bought new in Jan 2002, now has 31,900 miles on it. Still looks new and smells new inside as it's always been garaged, never parked out in the sun. I always get a comment about the low miles when I have to take it in for State inspection every year. Woudn't mind something newer but this thing's just barely broken in and I'm not going to give it away based on other 2002s.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
20 Posts
I wish I had the money to buy it, and was in that area. I would say in that condition maybe $7,000. As for having backup camera, etc. those things can fairly easily be added. I have a Navi system in my 2002 TB that supports backup camera, but have not added one yet. My brother does car electronic equipment installation for some Ford dealers, and on the side. He installed my Pioneer Navi. One of these days I will probably add the backup camera. If you keep the vehicle find a good installer and ask what he can do for a new head unit and cameras.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I am original owner of a 2005 Silver EXT Trailblazer I6 RWD with 37000 original miles on it.

Though I'm from PA this has always been kept in Palm Beach Florida - just use it when I'm there - always with breathable UV cover on it. So paint looks amazingly virtually like new.

Drives great & has been reliable too. Rust is nonexistent & other than the exhaust manifold (which many I6 owners have seemed to also replaced) - repairs have been very few.

Every year I change oil - even though never putting more than a couple thousand miles on it. Have replaced tires, serpentine belt, done radiator flush/fill, trans flush/fill - new battery, etc..

BUT - given how little I use it, I feel like the truck is going to "age out" before it "wears out" & that I might do well to sell it now & get something newer, as someone else will put WAY more miles on it & could get the full life out of it (200k miles or so) in like 5 years - where in 5 years I'll have like 50k miles on it.. and some critical part may prove hard to find before it "wears out" (?)

And seems I would get a good price for it NOW given the unique mileage & good maintenance (for which I have all receipts)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feel your pain, pal. I have a 2004 GMC Envoy, V-8, 4WD, sliding roof, et all. Everything works at 90K. Looks nearly new. Book value is $2500-$5000. I bought it new in the fall of 2004. No freekin' way I would sell it for that. Wife drives a 2015 Infinity QX60 that we use for road trips. Drive it 'till it drops and don't worry about it "timing out". When I get around to it I will drop my $500/year collision insurance USAA has been charging me. You know they will total it out for a $3000 bangup!!

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
36 Posts
Why would you sell something that's doing the job and likely paid for . Running it cost you little , next to nothing .
Maybe you need to keep up with the Jones . Maybe you're just filthy rich and need to throw money down a hole .
I guess it's part of this throw away society we live in .
Sorry for the rant .
I say run it .
Ha! I am neither filthy rich nor need to keep up with Joneses - lol. There’s always somebody that’s “more”, (bigger/faster/younger/richer whatever) - who cares.

Though I would be lying if I said it wouldn't be nice to have some more features that I don’t now, such as backup camera, Blindspot warning, Nav or CarPlay, etc. as I get older - but primarily I’d say the calculus is more like keeping it reliable and not having a catastrophic unfixable issue - some part I can’t get to fix it & being out of a vehicle, etc.. versus someone who’s going to buy it now and put 150k More miles on it.

how few miles I put on it every year is definitely part of the equation, and I think there’s some dollar amount at which it would make sense. Like, if it were $12k I unquestionably would sell. I realize it isn’t, but just to illustrate there’s some number where one could make the argument to sell it given my circumstances.

Thanks for the replies thus far!
Crutchfield can fix those issues for you for probably under $500.

As far as parts availability goes -- just look around. There are a bloody blue million Trailblazers/Envoys/Raniers/Whatever still on the road, at least in my neck of the woods. Parts will be available for many, many years to come.

Your call but in your shoes I'd put the better entertainment system in it you want and just keep it. It's paid for.(y)

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
I have a 2005 Envoy RWD with the I6. Runs great less than 78,000 miles.
State Farm totaled it when the previous owner sideswiped a guard rail while texting.
New headlights and LF fender, never even hit the suspension.
I will drive this until the wheels fall off. No car note = WINNER!!
I will post a pic once I find it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I feel your pain, pal. I have a 2004 GMC Envoy, V-8, 4WD, sliding roof, et all. Everything works at 90K. Looks nearly new. Book value is $2500-$5000. I bought it new in the fall of 2004. No freekin' way I would sell it for that. Wife drives a 2015 Infinity QX60 that we use for road trips. Drive it 'till it drops and don't worry about it "timing out". When I get around to it I will drop my $500/year collision insurance USAA has been charging me. You know they will total it out for a $3000 bangup!!
I love my 2004 TB but all the plastic parts are starting to break. That said I have been looking at some 2015 QX60's. How do you like yours?

·
Registered
6 Posts

If it was mine I would keep it especially if it has been kept out of the sun. My 2004 has 106,000 miles on it but has not been garage kept or covered and I am in Southern CA. All the plastic pieces are brittle now and starting to break. The engine is still great as is the interior. Paint is going now. If I had yours I would definitely keep it especially if there is nothing major going wrong. If you have already replaced the dashboard gauges and main computer there is probably nothing very expensive to go wrong at this point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it was mine I would keep it especially if it has been kept out of the sun. If I had yours I would definitely keep it especially if there is nothing major going wrong.
If you have already replaced the dashboard gauges and main computer there is probably nothing very expensive to go wrong at this point.
My paint is pretty darn good, presumably from being covered all the time when not in FL. But have never "replaced the dashboard gauges and main computer" o_O that sounds like $

1 - 16 of 16 Posts