Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Trailblazer EXT 5.3 2wd
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trailblazer randomly would not start one morning. Key on, dash lights up, radio works, etc. Go to crank engine and the whole car goes dead. Battery is holding well over 12 volts, so thats no problem. I replaced the ignition switch yesterday, still the same symptoms. Thinking it may be a bad PCM. I tried to security relearn process but it was not doing anything. If it does happen to be the PCM, can I interchange PCM from other 5.3 cars? Such as a regular wheelbase 2007 5.3 trailblazer? I ask this because the pcm for a 2005 ext 5.3 is over $500, while the pcm for a 2004 and 2007 trailblazer 5.3 is only $150. Im figuring any 2wd LH6 PCM should work. Any specific ground(s) I should check before I bite the bullet and drop big money on a PCM or starter? I checked all fuses, all were fine. The ignition relay in the under hood fuse box is not doing any clicking or anything, and I have put a new relay in its spot with the same result. So Im assuming my problem lies somewhere between the ignition switch and the relay, which is why I was leaning towards the PCM being the issue vs the starter. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts