Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nothing on the door panel works, door locks, windows, windows locks. Replaced the ACDelco D1426G GM Original Equipment Door Lock and Window Switch. Still nothing. Any ideas? I think I read some where that on some models this had to be programmed. Are there instructions for this somewhere?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
GM had a problem with these switch modules and issued a recall that has no expiration date. My 2007 had this replaced a few months ago under this recall.

In the repair section Chilton's says it needs to be programmed and points to a section on programming but that section never mentions the door switch modules. Since mine was replace free by the dealer I don't know if programming was required.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. I thought I read some where that the recall was only on 2006 and newer. I will check to be sure.

thanks.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
Oops. Unfortunately you are correct. I had thought it applied to 2007 and earlier.
Recall Number 13V248000 Recall Date 06/13/2013 Component ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Summary
General Motors (GM) is recalling certain model year 2005-2007 SAAB 9-7x; 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL; and 2006-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier and Isuzu Ascender vehicles. Fluid may enter the driver's door module, causing corrosion that could result in a short in the circuit board. A short may cause the power door lock and power window switches to function intermittently or become inoperative. The short may also cause overheating, which could melt components of the door module, producing odor, smoke, or a fire.
Now it would appear that your problem would be in the connectors/wiring. I would start by checking in the door hinge area. Or the rumors might be correct that it has to be programmed. Not much help, am I?:(

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've seen a few posts that ended up being chafed wires in the door wire boot. If you can't see a chafed wire you might be able to open the door slowly while pushing buttons to see if it will work.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
78 Posts
Indeed programming of the new assembly is required for it work.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
nothing on the door panel works, door locks, windows, windows locks. Replaced the ACDelco D1426G GM Original Equipment Door Lock and Window Switch. Still nothing. Any ideas? I think I read some where that on some models this had to be programmed. Are there instructions for this somewhere?

Thanks,
I had to replace my switch panel on my 2003 TB. It had to be programmed to the stupid computer in the TB, by the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts