Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2005 Black LT. It has the Bose + Navi option however I am getting the "No Nav Disc" message. I only see 1 CD slot on the head unit. My question is, can I only either listen to an Audio CD, or USE the Navigation? Or is there hidden CD slot somewhere else for the Nav disc. I called 2 dealerships, searched the forums, and I do not have the Navi manual. It seems very stupid to me that you could only do one or the other, seeing as on any road trip you would usually listen to a CD while using Navigation. If this is the case I am not going to pay $200 for a Nav disc, I would go get a Garmin for $100. I love my truck I'm just getting frusterated that the dealership tells me "I don't know, look it up online" Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Don't know why trailvoy doesn't have a copy of the manual, but if this is your unit, I found the manual in a short search on the Crutchfield site.

Copy it from my site if you want to check it out. I will only leave this up for a few days to save bandwidth:

http://www.roadie.org/DelphiNavManual.pdf (too big to attach at trailvoy)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I have determined that I cannot run both at the same time. I've decided to purchase an aftermarket head unit. I must say I'm pretty disappointed though. Very stupid engineering on Chevy's behalf.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
83 Posts
At first I felt the same way, but then I bought at axillary input connector from Cruchfield...and after that, who needs CDs?? In all reality they are kind of obsolete unless you're some ridiculous audiophile and can tell the difference between and MP3 than a CD.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Thank you. I have determined that I cannot run both at the same time. I've decided to purchase an aftermarket head unit. I must say I'm pretty disappointed though. Very stupid engineering on Chevy's behalf.
I'd be willing to pay shipping for that paperweight of a CD/NAV player you've got, if you're just gonna throw it out :D

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
695 Posts
You are correct. You can use the Nav DVD or listen to a CD. I also got an iPod adapter and almost never listen to CD's. In addition the maps are starting to get quite dated with all the construction going on around here. In my new truck I didn't order the Nav radio and bought a portable Garmin. I can move it from car to car, update it more easily and saved money to boot. The only downside is that it sits on my dash rather than being built in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help! Does anyone have a link for the iPod cable? Also can you control the iPod from the head unit, or do you have to use the iPod? Also does anyone know if it is compatible with an iPhone 4?

Mystic, not exactly a paper weight being there is a used one on eBay for $750. If you would like to offer me $550 we can surely discuss. Otherwise I will just hang on to it for when I sell the truck.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
695 Posts
Thanks for the help! Does anyone have a link for the iPod cable? Also can you control the iPod from the head unit, or do you have to use the iPod? Also does anyone know if it is compatible with an iPhone 4?
I have a Neucleus unit which does control the iPod from the head unit and displays the artist and song title on the radio screen. Steering wheel controls are supposed to work as well but I haven't figured that out (haven't tried too hard). Not sure about iPhone compatibility. http://www.aius.net/pagedetails.asp?SubCatID=70 I think USA Spec also has a similar interface.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts