Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
First time poster here, like what I see here, a lot of technical savy guys sharing info to tough problems. I have a problem with our 2005 Envoy, I6 w/ 150K miles. My son was driving it, left it idling outside a friends house, came out and found it off. Tried to restart it, but the engine would not turn over. The battery drains down now, and the key gets locked in the ignition. Connected code reader several times, but never any codes to pull. Have changed the ignition switch, no help. Starter is OK. When you go to start the engine, the dash display is normal, all lights lite up. After turning key to start position and releasing, all other dummy lights go out except for Service Engine Soon, the security light flashes. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks, Perry

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Welcome to TrailVoy!!! Enjoy your Ride!!!:thumbsup:

Sorry, but I'm of no help on your problem....I'm sure someone will chime in. Try the search button, it can quickly become your best friend!!

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat . Try resetting the security setting. I don't know how it was lost. Try to start the truck. If it won't start and the security light is on, leave the key in the ON/RUN position (not the ACC or OFF position). Leave the key in the ON/RUN position for at least eleven minutes. The light should go out. Turn the key to the OFF position for at least thirty seconds. You may have to do this more than once so turn all accessories and lights off. Repeat the precess until it starts.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
21 Posts
Noobs........... they won't follow advice for anything!!!!!

Actually, that is my brother posting. I told him about this site, so he's probably got some questions and some mods to do. Gave my nephew a test ride in my tuned/modded TB, he was impressed. :grouphug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts