Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screenshot_20210225-064714.png
okay my 2005 envoy 4.2l slide on ice and ended up like this it ran for bout 20-30 mins maybe while we was trying to get it out. On the dash where it displays your miles and all that it said shut engine off and as I went to turn the key off t died on its own. Well we finally got it pulled out and now it wont start you turn the key the starter clicks but nothing happens was told maybe motor locked up which i don't see how I mean after it shut off it did sit there a few hours waiting on a friend with a winch to come and pull me out but after we got it out just nothing turn key everything comes on like normal try to start it and just clicks and almost like it drains the battery and all the dash light go off every time you try to start it but engine does not start replaced the starter and still the same just click when u turn the key.. Anyone have any idea? Im really hoping not a locked up engine.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
366 Posts
Can't say for sure, but letting it run for 30 min. with the car at that angle may have starved the oil pump. Try turning it over with a wrench on the balancer nut.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
593 Posts
Get a big screw driver and place it between two of the bolts on the fan where it attaches to the water pump and use that as a lever to turn the motor over. If it does start to turn look down at the crank pulley at front bottom of the engine to see if it is actually turning and you aren't just spinning the belt. If the bottom pulley turns then the motor is not locked up.

If you aren't positive the battery is up you might try charging it. Then see if you have 12 volts at the starter when the key is turned to start. I realize you replaced the starter but it doesn't hurt to make sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get a big screw driver and place it between two of the bolts on the fan where it attaches to the water pump and use that as a lever to turn the motor over. If it does start to turn look down at the crank pulley at front bottom of the engine to see if it is actually turning and you aren't just spinning the belt. If the bottom pulley turns then the motor is not locked up.

If you aren't positive the battery is up you might try charging it. Then see if you have 12 volts at the starter when the key is turned to start. I realize you replaced the starter but it doesn't hurt to make sure.
Okay i will try that been a rough few days single dad hard to work on it when u got a 2yr old up ur butt lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

And its a brand new battery and its dead nothing left on or anything wth could be draining the batteries like that

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
593 Posts
And its a brand new battery and its dead nothing left on or anything wth could be draining the batteries like that
Well something is draining it. That's a tough one. Someone else can jump in here on that since my expertise lies in transmissions.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
366 Posts
Pull the negative cable from the battery, put a multimeter between the cable and the battery. I think the spec is less than .25 volts, if you have more than that it's your problem. You do have to wait a minute or two for the modules to turn off.
Then, pull the fuses one at a time, front and rear fusebox, until the multimeter falls into that range. That will be the circuit the draw is on. Then you just have to find which component is causing the draw, unplug one at a time till it goes away.
It's a giant pain in the ass.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,055 Posts
Be aware that all the modules, PCM, BCM, TCCM, HVAC, Liftgate, etc, etc are powered ALWAYS even with the key OFF. They do go to a sleep mode but that can be like 5 or 10 minutes after key off. So if you are testing the current drain from the battery to a battery cable you need to wait for some time before the current drain will drop when the go to sleep mode.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts