Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you in advance for any help that may be offered. I am new to this site and am hoping it will be useful. I just bought a 2005 Envoy SLT from a friend, he got it from a friend of his who had purchased a new car and didn't want to spend any money on the large SUV. I realize that is a relative term, I also have a 2005 Blazer which has a larger engine but is a shorter wheelbase.
My friend told me it just needed a fuel pump and a few cosmetic issues looked after.
I tried the pump before changing it and it was dead, fired up for 30 seconds or so when banging the tank. I removed the tank, cleaned it well, installed the new pump and replaced the tank with new fuel line clips as well. I added gas and turned the ignition on, good sound and 50 psi fuel pressure at the fuel rail. I tried firing it up but it only cranks and doesn't fire at all. There are no codes but the engine light does remain on when ignition is on. Everything appears to work, gas gauge and all the dash functions appear OK.
Any ideas as to what may have happened?
:weird:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fuel pressure dropping

I have now found out that I have good spark. I have noticed that the fuel pressure drops at static and I can hear it returning to the tank. Does it sound like a bad regulator or did I get a bad pump? Any advice would be helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts