Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some pics of a 1998 Jimmy with a 2005 Envoy shifter handle installed. I thought it looked pretty good so I ordered one. Well it doesn't exactly seem to work on the stock shifter in my 2000 Bravada. It slides on and fits great but when you try to push the button in to shift it doesn't disengage. Any thoughts on why it isn't working? Can I mod the shifter or handle to make it work? Has anyone else seen this done before? Can some one please post a pic of the shifter in their 2005 Envoy/Trailblazer with the handle removed.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
I saw some pics of a 1998 Jimmy with a 2005 Envoy shifter handle installed. I thought it looked pretty good so I ordered one. Well it doesn't exactly seem to work on the stock shifter in my 2000 Bravada. It slides on and fits great but when you try to push the button in to shift it doesn't disengage. Any thoughts on why it isn't working? Can I mod the shifter or handle to make it work? Has anyone else seen this done before? Can some one please post a pic of the shifter in their 2005 Envoy/Trailblazer with the handle removed.
I know that the boot will require some modification (my brother has a 97 blazer) but sorry not sure about hot to get it to work; here is a pic of the shaft from my Rainier when i was installing my handle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that the boot will require some modification (my brother has a 97 blazer) but sorry not sure about hot to get it to work; here is a pic of the shaft from my Rainier when i was installing my handle

Can you or anyone please measure the length that the little rod sticks up past the metal shaft?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it out. The little plastic rod that sticks up is about a 1/2" shorter in the 2000 Bravada than it is in the 2005 Envoy. You can either trim down the metal shaft or add to the plastic piece with some tape. I tried it both ways and they both work fine. I ended up just using some tape and the end of a small bolt that I cut down to size. Now it works great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow that works great; sorry i forgot all about getting the size of the rod for you
No problem. I could tell as soon as I looked at my shifter again that the rod was a bit longer. I just cut about a 1/2" off of a bolt the same diameter as the plastic piece and taped it to the top. Works like a champ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts