Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
18 Posts
Yes, I believe the clips need to be removed completely. You should be able to hook it and pull it easily from the other side when you are able to spread the clip legs.
Do not remove the retention clips. Press the line farther on then press the rectangle down and pull the lines apart.

I built every aspect of both the prototype and service tank top assemblies when I worked at TI (formerly Bundy).

A quick connect tool (if there's room) or two pieces of somewhat thick plastic wedged in the opening of the quick connect will also release it.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
14 Posts
ill be dropping the tank this weekend. as far as brand of pump goes, i went with spectra premium. the local parts shop here sells them and they generally only sell stuff that they havn't had trouble with so I trust them. they also sell to the local garages. i ordered mine off rock auto though, they wanted like $377 for the pump at the local parts shop!!!

also grabbed a fuel filter from rock auto, just a cheap pronto one, figured it should be OK as its just a filter.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1 Posts
2004 trailblazer rusted out fuel pump replacement

:tiphat:Excellent writeup.
I used this write up for this procedure. Mine is set up slightly differrent, but essentially its the same procedure. My issue was not that the fuel pump failed, but everything steel rusted out. The fueline connections, the locking ring, the short run of steel line from the pump to the lines, and the top of the pump. All rusted out. fuel was spilling out all over the place. Gas mileage was pathetic. until finally the lines were so rusted out, the engine would crank and wouldn't start. I had to be towed home.
David C

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
10 Posts
fuel tank fittings

I just replaced a fuel module in my tank. there is only one right way to pull the fittings off the fuel lines, just push the line in then at same time push the flat part of the clip in with either screwdriver or finger then pull line off. no broken clips,or lost clips. then lightly oil or spray fittings to lube O-rings before reconnecting , :D works great!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 GMC Envoy frame Cross Bar under the fuel tank

Could someone help me locate a frame cross bar under the fuel tank for a 2003 GMC Envoy. It wont let me upload image that was on page 1 of this post.
Thank You

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_denali
5 Posts
Could someone help me locate a frame cross bar under the fuel tank for a 2003 GMC Envoy. It wont let me upload image that was on page 1 of this post.
Thank You
Did you ever locate this part? I have one. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quick question... I need to replace the fuel tank pressure sensor in my 2008. Is it possible to lower the tank enough to get to that sensor to replace it without disconnecting the lines?

Just trying to save the time of disconnecting everything if I can get to it with dropping the tank as little as necessary.

The instructions for doing all this are pretty straightforward and I've done plenty of tank drops in the past... But any tips or tricks from those that have done this sensor replacement without an entire tank drop are welcomed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quick question... I need to replace the fuel tank pressure sensor in my 2008. Is it possible to lower the tank enough to get to that sensor to replace it without disconnecting the lines?

Just trying to save the time of disconnecting everything if I can get to it with dropping the tank as little as necessary.

The instructions for doing all this are pretty straightforward and I've done plenty of tank drops in the past... But any tips or tricks from those that have done this sensor replacement without an entire tank drop are welcomed.
Did it today. Can definitely be done without disconnecting anything. Removed driveshaft, put tank on transmission jack, lowered tank, and swapped out the sensor from the center of the truck. P0452 gone. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Loose both cramps (using 7mm socket), rotate, loose and remove the plastic fuel pipe from the tank. It is very tight, so make sure the right side pipe is loose from the metal pipe so that you can rotate and loose the whole plastic pipe.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
25 Posts
Am I correct in assuming that there is no tool available to remove those clips? I can't believe you have to stick two tiny screwdrivers in at the top and put pressure on both while simultaneously using a hook at the bottom? Surely there has to be a tool that makes removing these clips doable?

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
218 Posts
This mount is of type 5 (Push Down TI)

01.png

1. There are several types of plastic collar fuel and evaporative emission quick connect fittings that may be used on this vehicle.
• Bartholomew (1)
• Q release (2)
• Squeeze to release (3)
• Sliding retainer (4)
• Push down TI (5)
08.png

Type 5
This step applies to the Push down TI style connectors ONLY. Release the fitting by pressing on the tabs indicated by the arrow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the info...I'm facing a fuel pump change in my '05 TB and trying to prepare to make it as easy as possible. Once again thanks- I really appreciate the quick reply!

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
218 Posts
No problem. ;)
You can also order replacement clips (produced by Dorman) because most likely the old clips will break.
Plastic just dried up over time and became brittle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No problem. ;)
You can also order replacement clips (produced by Dorman) because most likely the old clips will break.
Plastic just dried up over time and became brittle.
Thanks. This is the best forum I've ever frequented.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts