Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several posts on here and have a question that I can't find so be patient if you found it. :)

On my 2005 envoy, I am trying to find the right/easy way to remove the air pump and relay. It looks like it may just be three screws that mount it to a plate on the frame, but don't want to just start undoing things. If you have advise on exactly how to remove these two things I'd appreciate it.

I already replaced the check valve and the light came on again the next day. I pulled the output line off the pump and there was water in it. So I unhooked the hose from the check valve this morning and started the truck and nothing blew out so I'm assuming the relay or pump is bad.

Thanks for any help,

Tony

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
234 Posts
The pump on the frame is a lot easier to take off then the Steroid up top. It is held with 3 rubber support screws, so you could just pull the pump towards the engine direction and it would come off. I would first look at the hose clamps as they are something you would be using again. Make sure you let out any air or water in the hose. Also maybe check to see if you are getting power to the pump with a multimeter.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how to test with multimeter

Where do I touch with the multimeter to test that? I pulled the relay out last night and was going to swap it with a similar relay somewhere else on the car to test that, but I couldn't find another relay like this one. Will this multimeter test confirm if the relay is working more or less?

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
234 Posts
Usually ground on the frame and the leads coming off the wires off the pump. I would see what voltages you have and add them here. I am not sure the norm, but I know someone could shed some light on what should be considered normal volts.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Code says bad air pump on 2005 Envoy

I have never changed one of these. Does anyone know of a video (did not find anything on Youtube when I searched) that shows someone changing this air pump that is located on the frame, under the driver seat area?

The things you found while changing one?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
You'll be lucky to get even halfway intelligent responses here, this site has become a ghost town. If you want to get good help from the professionals and true enthusiasts who used to be here, try G M T N a t i o n . c o m (no spaces) and ask away over there. You'll find a thriving community with members who can help you with any and all issues you're having with your air pump, or anything else for that matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts