Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to change out the sensor, but to do it you have to remove the power steering pump, as everyone knows you have to loosen the serpentine belt. Now they say the tool to use is the 3/8 ratchet in the middle of the tensioner. However the 3/8 ratchet is to big for mine what's the next best tool to use then? Please help someone.

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
35 Posts
I'm trying to change out the sensor, but to do it you have to remove the power steering pump, as everyone knows you have to loosen the serpentine belt. Now they say the tool to use is the 3/8 ratchet in the middle of the tensioner. However the 3/8 ratchet is to big for mine what's the next best tool to use then? Please help someone.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that located up top next to the water neck?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
771 Posts
Replacement of the camshaft sensor on a 4.2L engine does not involve the removal of either the power steering pump or the serpentine belt.

Replacement of the camshaft position actuator solenoid on the other hand DOES involve the removal of the serpentine belt and the power steering pump.

In the serpentine belt tensioner you will see a square machined into the body of the tensioner about midway between the pulley and the mounting bolt. That is a square hole is where you place the end of the 3/8" drive ratchet. Sometimes you'll need to move the drive of the ratchet a tooth or two in order for it to fit into the square hole.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I had the cam and crank shaft sensors replaced along with the actuator and the vehicle still runs sluggish and like it's going to die. What next??

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
35 Posts
Ok so I had the cam and crank shaft sensors replaced along with the actuator and the vehicle still runs sluggish and like it's going to die. What next??
Did you do the VVT solenoid? can you post a youtube video and all codes as well.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
771 Posts
Did you do a crankshaft sensor relearn procedure? This must be done after replacing the crankshaft sensor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts