Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to look for my problem and I only see the solution for the gear being stuck in park and not drive nor neutral. Also when I try to take out the key it is stuck in ignition and does not let me take it out. I believe it is a fuse the has gone bad or something but I do not know which one it might be, please help!!! Need it running asap because it is my daily for workkk !!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
When this happened to me it was the shift cable that broke. When I was in the drive-through of McDonald's and I tried to put the car in park. In my flabbergasted state, I shut off the car, which was obviously a mistake, and then had to have my car put on a flatbed and towed. Fun times. I'm hoping that this isn't the case for you but I thought I would let you know what my experience was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input! by any chance do you have the part number from auto zone or orileys for the shift cable ??

·
Registered
2003 olds bravada
4 Posts
thanks for the input! by any chance do you have the part number from auto zone or orileys for the shift cable ??
Check the Shift cable bushings first. There was a post about this 4 months ago. The title was "Gearshift does nothing" I had the same problem the week before the post. The bushing broke that connects the shift cable to the selector on the trans. Easy fix, cheap too. They stock the part at O'Reilly's, Auto Zone, etc

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
My 2005 TB has done this 3 times in the last 8 years, found the battery being the issue. I charged it twice and had to replace the battery the last time.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
50 Posts
I have been trying to look for my problem and I only see the solution for the gear being stuck in park and not drive nor neutral. Also when I try to take out the key it is stuck in ignition and does not let me take it out. I believe it is a fuse the has gone bad or something but I do not know which one it might be, please help!!! Need it running asap because it is my daily for workkk !!!!!!
When you put your foot on the break, do you hear the shifter click? It should click and release the shifter so that you can put it in gear.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
34 Posts
Mine did exactly the same thing, it was the cable going to the transmission. Its fairly easy to replace but somewhat tricky to adjust properly. At first I tried to change the bushing on the transmission shifting arm but that seemed not too secure so I then replaced the linkage. Be sure to watch a utube video or two before doing it. THE Most important, Be sure to CHALK the wheels and put on the emergency brake as when you are working on the shifting arm it Will go into neutral and the car can roll.

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
230 Posts
Mine did exactly the same thing, it was the cable going to the transmission. Its fairly easy to replace but somewhat tricky to adjust properly. At first I tried to change the bushing on the transmission shifting arm but that seemed not too secure so I then replaced the linkage. Be sure to watch a utube video or two before doing it. THE Most important, Be sure to CHALK the wheels and put on the emergency brake as when you are working on the shifting arm it Will go into neutral and the car can roll.
Pretty sure you mean CHOCK the wheels , as chalk won't likely stop anything from rolling . ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts