Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my front AC vents not blowing when I turn the AC on. If I turn the rear AC vents on from the front controls and the rear controls, the vents in the back will blow and blow cool air. I have had a problem before the front vents completely shut off in which the front vents would blow on settings 1-4 but the AC would shut off on the highest setting of #5. Now the vents in the front do not blow at all. Please give any suggestions that I can try before spending a fortune at a shop. I am very capable and resourceful. Thanks.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Sounds like you have problems both with the blower speed control resistor pack, and an airflow mode actuator. Both of those can be fixed at home, but the actuator is more difficult for access. Run a search and you can find recent threads discussing both of them. Welcome!

Most of them will not be in the Audio forum, so I'll move this thread to General Tech, where it's discussed more.

There are also fuses involved, and those are mentioned in the troubleshooting hints in the other threads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for Correcting the Forum Problem for me. What exactly should I look around for in my searches? The actuator you speak of is under the steering wheel? and what fuses/ resistors should I look for?

Thanks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts