Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 trailblazer with a 4.2l engine that runs great but the body is in poor condition. I also have a 2006 trailblazer with a 4.2l that has a bad engine. I want to put the 05 engine in the 2006. I have read that it can be done and I have read that it can not. I do not want to start tearing into in until I have a clear path to complete the swap. Please let know if you have done this swap and how you did it. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a used 5.3L engine that came out of a 2001 suburban and intend to drop it into my 2002 GMC envoy which currently has a 4.2L. This will be my first time doing a motor swap but will have assistance with the install. It has the wiring harness but no CPU... I heard I can "flash" the one that I currently have... I'm not familiar with the electronic sector of newer gen motors... Will I need to change motor mounts? Trans bell housing or adapter? Oil pan? What other components will I need to obtain in order to complete this? Any assistance or guidance y'all can give would be greatly appreciated! avast driver jiofi.local.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm all for dropping a V8 in anything. Having said that, this is not an 8 for 6 swap in a 67 Camaro, aside from the electronic issues there is a lot of 5.3 specific stuff that you will need and by the time you are done you will have something that you could have bought off the lot for a lot less. Personally I wouldn't do this without first having a V8 donor truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts