Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...among other parts :)

I'm attempting to curb our losses on a delivery mishap that occurred here.

Basically, a car was being driven back from auction and was involved in a collision that caused a fair amount of body damage as well as knocking the frame silly.

However, despite the damage to the vehicle, it still runs fine and the interior is beautiful (no airbag deployment, oddly enough), so we're feeling out what's out there in terms of bodies & frames.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and have a great day to all!

- Ben

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. Thank you for the help! The individual in question who had the accident is me and it's my uncle who owns the car lot, so I'm trying to do what I can to help him :) Thanks again!

·
Registered
2003 chevy
85 Posts
good place to start is carpart. i saw two at the junkyard here.whats your location? any damage pics?

sent from sprint touch pro2

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No damage pics handy, unfortunately...I'll do my best to explain the damage though.

My location is Vineland, NJ. I did find a front clip on craig's list for $1,400 but it's in TX, so the shipping will probably make that a non-option.

Here's a description of the accident which will hopefully also help to elucidate what kinda damage we're looking at on this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I was traveling on I-295 with the cruise set at about 68

- I heard a "BOOM" and the car suddenly pulled to the right (to date, I don't know what happened. I'm leaning towards the idea that I may have run over something...I'm thinking one of those 4" x 4" wooden pieces that are usually on the corners of decks)

- I pulled to the left and ultimately overcompensated, leading to me dropping down into a 4' - 6' ditch (at this point, I had not yet hit the brakes, so the car was still attempting to maintain 68 mph...a jarring impact, to say the least)

- The car ricocheted off the left side of the ditch and, for lack of a better word, launched out of the ditch, jumping about 1 1/2 lanes of traffic

- After landing, the car traveled forward (still on cruise) and hit the concrete sound-barrier wall at an approximate 45° angle, crushing the right-front side and slinging the right-rear side into the wall

- At this point, I hit the brakes (mind you, everything up to this point took place within a 3-4 second timespan)

- The truck ricocheted off of the wall and skidded left, into the 4' - 6' ditch again

- I traveled up out of the ditch and went through the guardrail, which finally helped the car come to a rest

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from the obvious body damage, there is frame damage...from what it seems, the impact on one side was forceful enough to bend the frame on the opposite side of the vehicle.

My hopes are to switch out the body and have the frame repaired or, if I can find a decent price, replace the frame as well...we do have access to a lift, so this should hopefully make this job possible and not as expensive, labor-wise

Thanks for your help!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts