Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I looking for a new project and decided to give my TB a new look. Here's a quick history of the truck. This was purchased new by my girlfriend (now wife) back in 04 or 05. Several years later it went to my dad who was up in age and barely drove it. When he passed 2 years ago I got the truck back. I fixed a couple small issues and use it as my daily driver. It just turned 66,000 miles. I just put on a new set of larger tires (255/70R16) which made me want to go up. So here is where I could use some advice so I don't buy a bunch of junk. I almost purchased the inexpensive leveling spacers that you install on top of the strut but after watching some videos and hearing one guy recommend flipping over the control arm and swapping sides to make the ball joint line up I started looking for better options. That's how I landed on TrailVoy. I seen a great posting from 2010 that gives several options that work well for my TB. I'm liking the BDS 2" lift kit for front and back. In the 2010 posting it stated that a .75" top spacer from SMaxx can be stacked with BDS front kit to level it out. I found the part number (SMX-ST50) but haven't been able to find it. That posting is from 11 years ago. Here's what was written...

ANOTHER NOTE LiftMeister or Suspension Maxx Additional front spacers can be stacked with the BDS front kit, to give a total of 2.75" of lift in front... Pics of difference - offroadTB.com • Index page

If the .75" spacer is no longer available, is there something that is available that can lift the front to level the truck? Since I'll already have the front struts taken out, I figured I would replace it along with the ball joints. This is a cosmetic fix, so I was going to buy stock parts.

If you know of a better 2" lift kit for this truck, feel free to let me know about it.
Thanks in advance
Jim
Trailblazer.jpg

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
288 Posts
An '04 with only 66K? Nice truck! My '04 has 185K. I like those tires, too. If Uncle Joe sends me $1400 I plan to put a set of Firestone Destination AT/2's on mine. When Uncle Don sent the wife and I each $600 we used it to pay off the loan on her '06 TB.
I'm not going to be much help with the leveling question, however. Just one question: do you do much towing or hauling of anything heavy in the back? The reason the front is a bit lower is so that the TB will be level under those conditions. You probably already knew that, though.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lied... It has 66,200 miles on it ;). I did know about the level under load, but thanks for replying. I occasionally haul or tow but plan on installing an Air Lift 1000 to keep the back from squatting when doing so. I think the best way to NOT do something stupid like buying something new for $50,000 is change up what you have to make it feel new. This truck isn't perfect but with the miles on it, I'm going for the new look. Uncle Joe may send you enough to buy a new Porsche!!! Anyway, thanks for replying and watch the mail for that check :p

·
Registered
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT
234 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Post some more pictures when you lift it up

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some pics with the lift and some other goodies I installed over the weekend. I have a couple other toys to put on the truck but that will wait till next weekend. I can feel my back and I'm almost out of beer. I'm very happy with the results. I'll post the parts when I have a bit more time. I'm looking forward to your thoughts.
027.JPG
026.JPG
029.JPG
030.JPG
014.JPG 025.JPG

·
Registered
2005 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4x4
13 Posts
Here are some pics with the lift and some other goodies I installed over the weekend. I have a couple other toys to put on the truck but that will wait till next weekend. I can feel my back and I'm almost out of beer. I'm very happy with the results. I'll post the parts when I have a bit more time. I'm looking forward to your thoughts.
Looks great. Any details on the parts you used, and source?

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts