Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 trailblazer w/175,000 miles. If u crank it and let it idle for 15 mins then shut it off it won't restart. Let it sit for 1 to 2 mins and it will restart. Idle for 10 mins and again it won't restart till u let it sit for 1 to 2 mins. I took the housing off at the throttle body. When I shut it off and it won't restart I can spray a little starter fluid in it and it'll restart without the wait. Tried a fp relay but it didn't help. Don't think a fuel pump would be working,stop and then 1 to 2 mins later work again. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
Get a fuel pressure reading when your crank, no start is happening. It may be your fuel pump, after 175,000 miles.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robertgee

Thanks for your suggestion. Really hoping it's not the pump because (isn't this always the case) I had just filled the tank the night before. Guess I'm gonna have to go out and buy a gauge but if I'm able to fix this myself I'll save enough money to buy 1/2 dozen gauges.
The reason I'm looking at other things first is that it acts like something (relay,switch) is cooling off,making contact and telling it to pump again. While it did shut off on my wife it hasn't done so on me. It cranks cold,I let it run for say 20 mins and when I shut it off it will not crank up for 30 seconds. Maybe it's the pump itself. I just know I dread dropping the tank if the pressure turns out to be the problem.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
Thanks for your suggestion. Really hoping it's not the pump because (isn't this always the case) I had just filled the tank the night before. Guess I'm gonna have to go out and buy a gauge but if I'm able to fix this myself I'll save enough money to buy 1/2 dozen gauges.
The reason I'm looking at other things first is that it acts like something (relay,switch) is cooling off,making contact and telling it to pump again. While it did shut off on my wife it hasn't done so on me. It cranks cold,I let it run for say 20 mins and when I shut it off it will not crank up for 30 seconds. Maybe it's the pump itself. I just know I dread dropping the tank if the pressure turns out to be the problem.
Rather than throwing parts on the car, and spending money on "maybes", the pressure will either confirm or deny the pump issue.

You can than move on, from that discovery.

Best of luck !

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
14 Posts
Fuel Pump recall

I got notice in the mail about a year ago stating there was a recall on the fuel pump. Brought to the dealer and it was replaced for free. Check under vehicle in front of tank to see if you have an external fuel filter. If no filter is present then you have an internal non- serviceable one.
In tank pumps use the fuel for cooling so if you run on empty all the time the pump will run hotter and fail sooner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts