Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have an 2004 trailblazer ext V8, 211k miles. It was involved in an accident last week and insurance is claiming it's a loss. Only front passenger fender, tire were damaged but due to the rear passenger door being damaged (was like this when I purchased) they are offering settlement and I can keep it or give it over. There is a difference of $600 if I keep it, that they will pay out. My question is should I keep it? I was given option to keep it and it won't have salvage title and get $600 less. Considering the fact this model was only made 04-06 and the demand I've seen for the engine I don't know if I should keep, fix or keep and sell motor. Within past 2 years it's had a overhaul. New tranny, new motor mounts, new AC, runs like a champ. I guess I'm just confused on what to do and don't want to look back and know I should have went another route. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why wouldn't you keep it? Get a tire, hammer out the fender, and enjoy your $600 car for five or ten years, then sell it for more than $600.. Use the same hammer to hammer out the rear door so the repairs will match.

It's a great feeling driving a car that only cost you $600.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
341 Posts
Do you have a vocational school with an auto body repair program where you live? If yes, they might be willing to work on the body damage for only the cost of parts. Also, get a quote for the fender from a body shop and see what they have to say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts