Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know, or can provide a link to, the proper low and high side readings for a 2004 Trailblazer with the 4.2I6 engine? It does have rear heat and air, but I don't know if that matters for the pressure readings. I know it does for refrigerant capacity and oil capacity. I found something for static pressure ( gauges hooked up and open, engine off), but cannot find anything for the gauge readings I should be getting with the engine running and the AC system operating. I can find very generic readings, but it is my understanding that the pressure readings vary among vehicles, ie. the readings for a Chevy Suburban would not be the same as for a Ford Focus.
I do have the Haynes AC Techbook, but that only goes up to 1999, good for my '99 Plymouth Grand Voyager, but useless for my '04 Trailblazer. The charts in that book vary widely between makes, models, and years of the listed vehicles.
My AC functions, but the driver's side is warmer than the passenger's side. I have done the door actuator reset several times, and can hear it moving down there, so I don't think that's the issue. It is most likely a bit low on refrigerant, so I would like to check it. I have a gauge set, and am familiar with it's use, but I need to know the pressures I should be seeing.
If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance! (y)

·
Registered
556 Posts
After all the seminars and classes on AC I had over 55+ years in t htt e business, it boils down to the temperature of the compressor. If the charge is correct, you can put your hand on the compressor BRIEFLY ... it'll be very hot, but won't actually burn you (160°F is pretty hot, but not really dangerous).

Or ..... you can use a non-contact pistol grip thermometer.

Either way .... 160°F is good at idle, MEDIUM blower speed, both front & rear units running, if you have a rear unit that is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts