Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please,
A friend has a 2004 TB LS and its in need of an interior. He wants to to a SS interior swap. I did this to my 2008 LT which was easy because it was a LT3 fully loaded truck.

We started to convert his truck. The plastic pieces and rear SS seat was easy to install.

Here is my question:
The front seats in his truck have no airbags. He wants to swap in 2006-09 TB SS front seats.
Problem: the driver side seat is power and I believe (correct me if im wrong) the plugs are different for 2002-04 to 2006-09.

I have a set of 2006 SS seats and wanted to know if I could use the seat frames from the 2004 and install the foam and seat pan from the 2006

Any suggestions

The passanger side will remain manual.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
12 Posts
If I were you, I'd leave the SS seats and frames intact and bolt them in. Wiring is not that big of an issue, and keep in mind that it's okay your friend's TB doesn't have seat airbags, you'd just leave them disconnected. I pulled up the wiring diagrams and I cannot find the connector end views for just the harness on the floor to the seat...it gives me every connector in the seat as well, which is a lengthy list. But typically, GM uses one heavy gauge orange and one heavy gauge black for main power to seat, and then smaller gauge wires for memory etc.

If the connectors are physically different, it would be easier to just remove the terminals from the one connector and swap them to another, or cut/splice, etc. Let me know if you need pinout info for the seats.

EDIT: Just re-read your post. Does your friend's LS not have a power driver's seat at all? All TBs have power drivers, correct? (now I'm wondering)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts