Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2004 TB and the drivers low beam and driving light isn't working. Changed the bulb twice and checked all the fuses and everything looks good. The pass side works fine and the high beam works so I'm at a loss. I don't think the relay can be bad only because the pass side is working. Can the ligh switch be bad ?Any help would be great.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The switch can't be the problem because BOTH low beams are fed by relay 46 which is controlled by the switch. Are you certain fuse 6 is OK? Swap with #5. The left and right have separate fuses and they are AFTER the relay.

Could be wiring from the fuse to the lamp. Do you have a meter and know how to use it?

By driving light do you mean daytime running light that uses the low beam, or do you mean the marker light?

My best guess is that it's a bad fuse that manages to look good, or a bad wiring connection in the lamp socket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I've got a meter so I'll check the power to the fuse and the socket and see where it is lost. What is the voltage supposed to be at both locations?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked all the wiring back to the fuse panel and all checked good. I did this checking the ohms from the plug all the way to where the wire enters the fuse panel and it was fine. So my question now is has anyone had to do work on there fuse panel? I guess the connection under the fuse panel went bad. I swapped fuses around and they worked fine so I am down to the fuse panel. Any help would be great as I would rather not take it to a dealership so they can charge me an arm and a leg.:confused:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
You can disassemble the fuse block from the top and examine the sockets. I think two members have done that, but one of them was a misdiagnosis so he was wasting his time. You can often buy replacement fuse block parts on Ebay. But a visual exam might find the problem. So you have the voltage at the fuse but not the wire a few inches away?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wire from the light plug at the headlight assembly all the way to just before the fuse panel I checked out good using my ohm meter. No power to the fuse location, so I'm thinking something in the fuse block must be bad. Anything to know about taking the fuse panel apart that would keep me from screwing something more up??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the drawing it should help, but I still hate electrical problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone have or know where I can find a wiring diagram of the under hood fuse panel and headlight wiring? Any help would be great.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I've got that too in the shop manual. Take me a little while to scan it in. Your problem is no power to fuse position 6?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have power to the fuse on the side close to the driver side fender, but it isn't make it to the plug at the head light. So I'm thinking something in the #14 part of the fuse panel (See exploded view of panel above) is damaged. I've checked about anything I can think of to check and am getting frustrated at this car. If I were to change over to HID's or some other type of light does it do away with these fuses??:bonk:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts