Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)Hello All,

My TB decided to take a dump driving from Phoenix to Flagstaff over the weekend. The fan clutch has been acting up for a while and thought it wouldn't hurt anything else well it did, I was driving up hill going 75mph with the A/C going and saw the truck overheating.

Now I'am with out a truck since its 220 miles away. Any one know where to get a good fan clutch at and water pump? I will be changing these out once I get them. Also would it be a good idea to get the PCM update once I install the fan clutch?

Thank You All :)

· Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,456 Posts
try rockauto.com the shipping was quick and the prices are pretty good.

· Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
:)Hello All,

I will be changing these out once I get them. Also would it be a good idea to get the PCM update once I install the fan clutch?

Thank You All :)
You don't need to do anything to the PCM. Just don't forget to disconnect the battery before you start, and take be careful not to damage the clutch harness when dismantling it.

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
40 Posts
WP cause of all of it prob

The WP is probably what caused the fan clutch to malfunctipon....it was on my 04 junkie anyway....if the WP is wearing and the shaft bearing is wobbling it will cause problems...the WP I got at local parts house and the clutch I found one on E-bay for less than $100.00 it was new and has warranty or did when I bought it ... I think last year. It is a pain to change it out without tearing up the radiator...if you have ahelper to get the fan off it is best.....GOOD LUCK! Every one should raise hell with GM about this as it, just like the other items you constantly read about on here, is nothing but cheap products going on the vehicles.....

· Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,269 Posts
HA!!!

I too was driving along the 10- when the fan finally began to wobble like crazy...
I was going from Florida to Los Angeles.
As soon as we reached Phoenix--- I was looking for the chevy logo...
Pulled into the 1st dealer I saw...
Had the pump replaced there.

· Registered
18 Posts
My 04 is in the shop now getting the SAME things fixed! Thought it was just the fan clutch due to the noise and descriptions read here-I mean, not once did I overheat or even go over the middle temp mark!

My mechanic took the fan by both hands, shook it and showed me the water pump pulley going all over the place!!!!! The water pumps are actually pretty cheap BUT AREN'T WARRANTIED WITHOUT A NEW FAN CLUTCH? Oh well, might aswell get them both new....now watch the Tstat go next week!!!!!:hissy:

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Resolved

After 3 weeks of not having my TB, it has been fixed. The reason was my TB was 200 miles away. And I did all the labor myself. After finding out that my radiator was damaged also because the fan was wobbiling so bad it sliced part of my radiator when the wate pump seaized up. now the TB is running much better. The A/C is so cold now even at start up. My temp is alittle below 210 mark on my gauge even in the hot days here in Phoenix AZ it runs great! I'm still getting the Service Engine Soon light on though. I disconnected the battery before I installed the water pump, new fan clutch and radiator. Next thing i'm going to change out is Thermostat and temp. sensor.

:woot:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.