Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2004, 6-cyl. (150,000 miles) TB runs great, with this one exception: While in drive, but stopped and idling at a light, etc. there seems to be a brief "miss" in the engine. Sometimes there are two in a row, but usually just one at a time and it happens every 30 to 60 seconds for as long as it idles. It runs great under power. No codes are present. This has been happening for a few months. I've used additives like Lucas Gasoline Treatment and that seems to help...but when I don't use it, the problem persists. It just started doing it this year. Anyone?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
42 Posts
My wife's 2004, 6-cyl. (150,000 miles) TB runs great, with this one exception: While in drive, but stopped and idling at a light, etc. there seems to be a brief "miss" in the engine. Sometimes there are two in a row, but usually just one at a time and it happens every 30 to 60 seconds for as long as it idles. It runs great under power. No codes are present. This has been happening for a few months. I've used additives like Lucas Gasoline Treatment and that seems to help...but when I don't use it, the problem persists. It just started doing it this year. Anyone?
I had a similar experience but mine only happened during the hot summer months and it would kill when stopped in traffic idling with A/C on. A few of the guys on here jumped on the throttle body was to blame so I took it off and cleaned it for the first time in over a year but it had a few pits in the inside housing so I bought a reman and installed it while also using a can of Seafoam fuel additive and problem solved. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts