Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good PCM diagram / pinout for an 2004 I6 TB? Need to find all of the fuel injector control wires, rpm, ignition, and other stuff.

Thanks in advance!:)

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
389 Posts
If you're really gonna get into a project like it sounds you are, I'd strongly recommend a subscription to AllDataDIY.com. For $27 bucks you get a year's access to everything you could want: wiring diagrams, systems diagrams, connector pinouts, mechanical and electrical specifications and a TON more info. :m2:

(I'm not afilliated with them in any way; I just found the site absolutely invaluable for a number of projects)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great

:yes:
That's what I'm looking for.

Really appreciate the info -- where to get the "good" stuff.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Project

BTW, if anyone cares, I'm adding the ability to run on CNG (natural gas.)

I've installed the physical hardware at this point, but have not made the electrical connections.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
We care - and we like pictures!!!

A moderator should move this to the engine tunes/mods section - some brilliant people frequent there that may prove valuable to you. (and may have your pin outs)

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am not 100% sure if this is what the OP was requesting but I think it may be.

Also, these are for a 2003, not a 2004. Am not sure if anything is different so please be aware.

Sorry if some of the images were skewed. Its difficult to get thick manuals to sit flat on the scanner and I would rather not mash the spine flat. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you

Perfect.

Exaclty what I need. I got a copy of the same diagrams from tech manuals that I bought online (forget the site of hand). Paid $27.00 for the year.

One last technical question. Looking at the PCM itself: is C1 on the right, C2 on the left, and C3 in the center??

Want to make sure before I pull everything.

Thanks for everyone's help!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am not sure which of the three are C1 C2 C3, etc

Maybe you can match color wire from pin 1 on each diagram

I would assume far left is C1 and far right would be C3

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
RPM needle is not working. No techometer connection to cluster.

My RPM needle is not working even i installed new motor and later I got to know from someone the tachometer wire is used by remote starter (Code alarm 7200). Can I have connector drawing for cluster panel and can make connection between Code alarm 7200 module tech wire to cluster tachometer input so my RPM needle will start work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am not sure which of the three are C1 C2 C3, etc

Maybe you can match color wire from pin 1 on each diagram

I would assume far left is C1 and far right would be C3
The plug color is on the documents just abbreviated... C1 (BLU) = blue... C2 (GRY) = grey... C3 (NAT) = natural

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
11 Posts
I do realize that I am dredging up a 4+ year old thread.

Fuel pump not operable.
I have read thru most, if not all, threads regarding the issue and they all have been a tremendous help.
I have narrowed the source down to either the pcm or the wiring between the pcm and the fuse box.
The FP relay is good...checked out via horn relay.
The FP fuse is good.
The relay socket/connections are all good.
Ground confirmed / Battery voltage confirmed / Key-On voltage confirmed / Battery voltage jumped to FP power supply wire kicks on the FP.
I have located the pin that triggers the pump (Pin #3 @ C2)...thanks to the diagrams posted in this thread...and want to check continuity on that trigger wire (Drk Gr w/ White @ C2 Pin #3); however, I have no clue where the other end of that wire is.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IF the trigger wire tests good, I assume that the pcm is the only thing left that could be the source of the problem, correct?
What would be the correct way to check the ground being commanded @ C2 Pin #3 when the key is turned to the ON position?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Attached are a couple of pages from the service manual for the fuel pump wiring.
Thanks for the quick response!
Hopefully, this will get me a bit further along with diagnosis.
So, to check continuity between C2 Pin#3 and relay...do I simply check it between noted pin and top left contact of relay socket (as viewed from driver side fender, as shown in fuse box diagram above)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
IF the trigger wire tests good, I assume that the pcm is the only thing left that could be the source of the problem, correct?
What would be the correct way to check the ground being commanded @ C2 Pin #3 when the key is turned to the ON position?
So, to check continuity between C2 Pin#3 and relay...do I simply check it between noted pin and top left contact of relay socket (as viewed from driver side fender, as shown in fuse box diagram above)?
Anyone have input on my questions above? :undecided

Also, if I jump the relay pins, the pump runs but it still won't start...evently momentarily...does the pcm command the injectors to remain closed?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
:woohoo:
I am not 100% sure if this is what the OP was requesting but I think it may be.

Also, these are for a 2003, not a 2004. Am not sure if anything is different so please be aware.

Sorry if some of the images were skewed. Its difficult to get thick manuals to sit flat on the scanner and I would rather not mash the spine flat. :)
:woohoo:

Wex that is AWESOME! Thanks so much for all of the info, I've been looking for the same diagrams for my 02 Envoy all weekend so I can get her on the rd again. Now to see if this is the same or not....so much closer though! I have hope again! :thx:thx:thx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts