Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rare bird. I have a 04 GMC Envoy XUV 4.2l inline 6. Recently it has been cutting off at stop lights or in park. Before it cuts off the dash beeps and says low oil pressure. When I restart it it starts just fine. The only code it's throwing is P0128 which is a temp regulating issue. Code has gone away. what could be causing this issue?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,270 Posts
The stalling issue is usually a sign that the throttle body needs to be cleaned. Make sure to disconnect the battery or pull the PCM fuses (#10 & 28) in the underhood fuse box while you work on the throttle body. The throttle body needs to be removed from the intake so you can clean front and back sides. Disconnecting the battery or pulling PCM fuses allows the PCM to reset since it has readjusted itself to the dirty throttle body.

As far as the P0128 code, this is an indication that the thermostat is stuck open and not allowing the engine to come up to the required operating temperature. This will cause the PCM to increase the fuel/air mixture to a richer point and cause the catalytic converter to eventually clog. this condition needs to be attended to soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts