Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I am new to the Trailvoy scene. I got it in the end of march with about 77,000 on it. Love this thing, I previously had a 96 Blazer. No comparison at all. The Envoy rides like a Caddy. So smooth sometimes I think it cut off at the light because it so quiet without any vibrations. About 2 weeks after I got it, the ses light came on. Drove to a friends house that had a real code scanner and it showed 2 codes P0140 and P0140pd. His scanner can show actual data and we looked at the voltage on bank 1 sensor 2 and it was stuck at 440. The other 3 were all over the place up and down but bank 1 sensor 2 did not move. He cleared the codes and for a week the light was out. The light came back on and I had the scanner with me so I hooked it up and for a second time, p0140 same thing looked at the raw data again and the sensor is not changing. Parked the car and the next day the light went out on it's own. Checked data again and the sensor was moving up and down like the other 3. Then a week later, ses light again for the same code. What should I do? Change the sensor or check the wiring real good? No performance difference with the light on or off.

2004 Envoy Xl SLT w/ 5.3 v8 80.345 miles on it.

:duh:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't need to change the sensor after all!!!

The sensor was brand new looking. It seems, the person that changed it, didn't have the patience to unplug the connector properly and just snatched it apart. I put the connector back together properly, taped it up and put the scan tool in and low and behold, the sensor was working again. I think the dealer I bought the truck from did some shady work to get it ready for a sale. Thanks for the advice. Thanks for all of your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.