Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Envoy
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's always something with this rig.

Since this morning (rained overnight) the car has been intermittently displaying these dash lights and chiming. It runs fine; I drove it to and back from work without any functional issues. The car shows a subset of these lights for several seconds on and off, accompanied by the chime, as long as the ignition is in run.

• ABS and parking brake light always together.
  • Service 4WD light
  • Seatbelt and airbag light always together.
  • Check Gages accompanied by all gauge needles going to zero (my battery, coolant temp and tach gauges are already dead).
It's always a combination of these three things. I read around the internet and I'm spitballing its down to a grounding issue or ignition switch. Previous owner said they had replaced ignition switch once or twice since they bought it new.

No confirmed codes but I have pending:
  • D096: Loss of communications with IPC
  • B2691: Key in ignition circuit malfunction
  • B2615: Passenger compartment dimming #2 shorted
  • B2550: Storage mode entered

Gonna check the battery, grounds, might replace the ignition switch. Anything else I should check?

2004 Envoy, 171k miles

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,516 Posts
Have a look under the back seat, drivers side, in the vicinity of the rear fuseblock and BCM (body control module). Much of what you mentioned are functions of the BCM. If the wiring there got wet or the carpet got wet and the wiring was compromised a lot of odd things can happen.

·
Registered
2004 Envoy
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed and sanded down the grounding strap that's right next to the positive battery terminal inside the engine compartment. I tried to do the same with the ground strap that's right below the driver's seat on the outside of the frame, but I couldn't get the screw out. I was able to turn it a few degrees back and forth with a vice grip and my symptoms are gone now... I'm expecting them return later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts