Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 Envoy is blowing cold air from the driver's side, but no matter what temp I set the passenger side to, it blows HOT. My husband has the dash all torn apart :thumbsup: and can't find the problem. Any ideas? :eek:

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Did your husband start this project WITHOUT checking with trailvoy first?!?!?!?!

Anyway, it's definitely a problem with the passenger side temp actuator.

But it might also be in wiring. Or he could try a SIMPLE pull-the-fuse reset of the HVAC system first. 1/3 of the time, that's all it needs.

Was he reading up some of our earlier archived posts before he tore apart the dash?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, no, we did not read the trailvoy archives BEFORE tearing apart the dash. That makes too much sense!
ANyhow, now if the passenger actuator is unplugged, and turning it manually, it will blow cold (but not adjustable). As soon as the actuator is plugged back in, it goes back to blowing hot air.
So the actuator likely needs to be replaced, right?
THANKS

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
AC works drivers side but HOT passengers side

I have a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer and is experiencing the same problem, but when i turn my ac knob all the way up, it completely cuts off..Could a bad passenger actuater cause this problem too?

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
ac problem

dear all

i have a problem with my TB 2002 LT ac ventelation , most of the air comming from the defrost side not from the center one or rear one, can any body help with this , this problem increased after i change the battery , i did fuse reset but did not work

regards

shorman

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
2 Posts
We dealt with this problem during the hottest June on record here in the south. One day,out of curiosity, I pressed the re-circulate button (the picture of an envoy with an arrow in it). In less than 5 minutes our vehicle was cooling off tremendously. Now with the RC button on,we stay cool to the extent of having to cut the fan on low.

· Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
6 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum and it see is great! My Envoy 2003 have a similar situation the AC Passenger side works good but the drivers side is slow air and hot. Is it the actuator? Please advice

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
90 Posts
this must be a fairly common problem..I am having the same issue. My passenger side blows about 4-5 degrees COOLER than my driver side...not really noticeable until you get a really hot 90F+ day with humidity..where is the actuator located and how do you replace it?

I am going to try to pull the fuse and see if that resets it first however.

Dan

· Registered
2003 chevy
106 Posts
search hvac reset. all you do is pull the ac fuses and disconnect battery. It has been known to fix a lazy actuator. It fixed mine.:woot:

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Thanks for the information here everyone. My 2004 had this exact problem. Between the comments and a pic from roadie, I bought the Dorman 604-106 Friday night, removed the passenger kick panel and glove box, and there it was. Bent the bracket a little to add some clearance and changed that actuator. For about $130 and two hours my problem was fixed after my garage quoted 4 1/2 hours + part adding to almost $700. :woohoo:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.