Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I have a 2004 GMC Envoy with 73k that developed a stalling problem, to restart I would have to shut off the truck and then it would restart. I also noticed this only happened after the truck was warmed up. The temp on the guage runs at 210, I drained the pink coolant and flushed the system but the problem is still there. I noticed that my clutch fan is not working at all, Is there a way to troubleshoot this or what is controlling this. The code P0610 is the only code I am getting.
Thanks, Mike

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Hi , I have a 2004 GMC Envoy with 73k that developed a stalling problem, to restart I would have to shut off the truck and then it would restart. I also noticed this only happened after the truck was warmed up. The temp on the guage runs at 210, I drained the pink coolant and flushed the system but the problem is still there. I noticed that my clutch fan is not working at all, Is there a way to troubleshoot this or what is controlling this. The code P0610 is the only code I am getting.
Thanks, Mike
Welcome! Just run a search - the fan clutch has been EXTENSIVELY discussed as a high failure rate item. There's a fuse (underhood #20) and a relay (underhood #45) in the circuit, but almost always it's the clutch itself.

I have the shop manual and don't see a code P0610 listed for 2004. Sure you wrote it down correctly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! Just run a search - the fan clutch has been EXTENSIVELY discussed as a high failure rate item. There's a fuse (underhood #20) and a relay (underhood #45) in the circuit, but almost always it's the clutch itself.

I have the shop manual and don't see a code P0610 listed for 2004. Sure you wrote it down correctly?
Hi, I am sorry I got the code wrong, it's P0601. PCM checksum failed, I was thinking that the powertrain; tranny temp maybe too warm so the PCM is shutting down the truck??? I did check the fuse and the relay and both are fine, i even bypassed the relay and no go. I just want to be 100% sure the clutch fan is junk!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
30 Posts
P0610 is from the "Systems Group - computer and auxiliary outputs", and reports as "control Module Vehicle Options Error"

Change anything recently (like the PCM) ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P0610 is from the "Systems Group - computer and auxiliary outputs", and reports as "control Module Vehicle Options Error"

Change anything recently (like the PCM) ?
No haven't changed a thing, the wife ran it out of gas and since then it has been doing this, also the A/C will not come on either and there is freon in it so it's not low on charge!!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
That indicates a potentially failed PCM or corrupted memory. The bad PCM is almost certainly at fault for the fan not running.

I recommend a dealer visit. This is beyond driveway mechanic work unless you have a spare PCM with a suitable operating system already installed. You might try reseating the three PCM connectors in case it's simple oxidation, but they're designed to go forever without reseating the connectors.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
P0601 Scan Code

Where is message you said you were going to leave after going to the dealer with your p0601 code? I have that code now. From everything I've been able to learn, the ECM sometimes called PCM needs to be replaced. It sound pretty simple to do. The scary parts seems to be making your you get one that is pre-programmed for you vehicle or have the dealer reprogram it. Anyway, I'm new to this forum and was hoping to see your next post.:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.