Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
I think I discussed that in the video ... where the B12 goes, although I didn't aactually show that process.

In case you missed it, take that big black hose off the upper nipple and put the B12 in the open end of the hose ... reinstall it without the clamp, start the engine after 1/2 hour or so, repeat a few times.

Be sure to start with a hot engine ... you might remove the hose clamp when it's still cold .... and don't forget to clear out the liquid by starting the engine between doses.

B12 is very ... uh ... aggressive and it can harm paint ... so don't spill it.

It won't (maybe) hurt you (maybe) unless you (maybe) bathe in it (maybe) .... but I recommend that you use protection to keep it from going through your skin to attack your kidneys.

I used it a lot ... even to clean parts and had my hands in it .... but I don't suggest you do that.
So I literally just pour it into the system. Om assuming it boils out then?

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,336 Posts
The liquid should go pretty deeply into that hose before it boils ... and don't fill that hose with B12 !!!

Just put a capful or so in it.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
69 Posts
Maybe a dumb question but, want to make sure I put the right fluid in there. It's the Berryman B12 Fuel injector/Fuel system cleaner right? And NOT the Berryman B12 Carburator choke & throttle body cleaner

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Changed the oil yesterday replaced two quarts with mmo and got some good grittiness out it just dissolved when in my fingers tho nothing solid or no metal so hopefully the motor isn’t hurt. It doesn’t stall out as much when up to temp taking off from a red light, but she still don’t run like my 2002 Tb. Gonna keep repeating the b12 process and changing the oil every 500-1000 miles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
And yes berrymans b12 fuel injector cleaner or seafoam is working for me you’ll hear it boil when it gets down in there mine boils like crazy every time I’ve done it.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,336 Posts
The only thing is that Seafoam isn't as aggressive as B12.

Seafoam for regular maintenance --- and B12 for those times when you positively, absolutely, have to dissolve something!

Be Ye very careful about putting snake oil in the engine crankcase because the cam doesn't like it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Ahhh well it hasn’t never hurt my 02 she’s clean as can be and a beast but I’m only taking short drives with it in there right now as a precaution plus another oil change today after I get home.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Checking up with y’all been following up with the b12 treatments every other time I drive her and she’s good and warm. I got some light down in my valve cover today and Lordy do I got a surprise for y’all I think I found my issues hopefully I can’t buy a timing kit right now. Here’s what I found. HOLY SLUDGE!

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,336 Posts
Checking up with y’all been following up with the b12 treatments every other time I drive her and she’s good and warm. I got some light down in my valve cover today and Lordy do I got a surprise for y’all I think I found my issues hopefully I can’t buy a timing kit right now. Here’s what I found. HOLY SLUDGE!
Where's da picktures.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I was thinking more along conventional or something with no oil changes. but I got 3 of these thing and one with a blowed head none of my others are nasty like this at all this thing has been abused.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,336 Posts
You might be right ... but I've seem that crystallized oil many times before in Pennzoil, Quaker State, Kendal GT, Royal Triton and sometimes Havoline lube'd engines.

Oil is made of hydrocarbons and at high heat and pressure*, they seem to liberate the lighter hydrogen compounds away and leave behind a lot of carbonous deposits as can be seen here.

* This isn't oil pressure from the pump, but is the intense pressure on the cam at the very small surface contact area where the lifter-follower is trying to break through the oil film as things are a-spinning and other parts are trying to stay where they are and just go up-n'-down.​

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Well right now I got fram 5w30 full synthetic and a few ounces of marvel mystery oil in just hoping she’s getting properish oil to all parts because rn this is my daily.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,336 Posts
What you see is not what's being pressure lubricated. It's just deposits that are along for the freeride.

If you break too much gunk and such loose at one time, it may damage the oil pump, plug up the pickup screen and THEN you're in trouble!

I read an article --- don't know if it was here on this site --- about a guy who drilled some holes up through the bottom of the oil pan (which is made of aluminum, mind you) so he could remove the granulated deposits that had plugged up the screen.

Pulling the pan on our 4.2s is likened to performing your own hysterectomy through your nose.

So-o-o-o be Ye careful about additives at this point of putting something in the oil that might give the carbonaceous crusties free range inside critical nonvisible areas.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Yea I thought of that I was gonna use the full bottle but only added it say 6 ounces to the oil and I’ve done this with my other Tb I had for 4 years same engine running like a top so I hope it’ll be okay. Thanks for the advice I’ve never actually had to deal with a engine this badly abused. Good thing I only got it and a whole ext for 900

61 - 80 of 107 Posts