Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
There was no oil I did it to make sure there was no corrosion in there sorry I didn’t add that. And that’s what it reminds me of like it’s flooded and it act like it’ll flood itself ,when it gets fully warmed up driving especially up a hill from a red light it’ll spit and sputter and barely move then it’ll clear up and go.
Did you ever test for a cat that's failing? It could alternately flap closed and then open --- but that's just possibly a fantasy theory --- ignore me right now ... it's been a long day and I'm tired, goofy and hungry.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well I’m in alabama so no emission test down here yay me. But still I need this one to run like my 02tb she’s a beast. I’ve been doing the berryman in that vacuum hose y’all said everyday.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
And also I’ve said it maybe you missed it but I got this truck with the cat gutted / hollowed out.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
OK --- gutted cat --- I kinda remember ..... but I'm not me today and I'll close shop early so I can recuperate .......

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently bought it a few month ago with this code and it was misfiring bad I fixed the misfire hasn’t done it since the first drive. But she is still very sluggish with the p0016 code. There’s 0 engine noise also the cat was punched out when I bought it . The oil is kinda sludgy gonna change it again tomorrow but the motor sounds too good to be hurt, I pulled the cpas out already it looks to be replaced and or brand new and very clean I’ve tried everything. Also when it’s cold on startup it has a little power but once she warms up she’s a slug.
I had same problem don't feel the p0016 is the issue. Mine ended up a partly plugged Catalic Converter. Take the exhaust pipe loose at the manifold run it will be loud but best way to tell if that's the problem

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
67 Posts
That yuck you have in the oil and under the 710 cap is likely from condensate formed in the crankcase because of a non-op PCV system ..... it WILL affect your cam position device ... (the part that actually moves the exhaust cam advance/retard) .... thusly, the P0016

Time for another video .......

Where do you pour the Berryman's? Down the nipple in the atmospheric side or down the hose on the vacuum side? sorry didn't quite catch that

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I have done it through the vacuum line from the booster and the one under the center of the intake.
The booster is a good place as is taking the hose off and adding the capful as I stated in the video.

Using the booster line might have to be while the engine's running though, to insure the B12 actually leaves the booster hose and gets to the intake runners.

Still .... a good idea, if not for unplugging, for keeping it clean at least.

Good on ya! I like your thinking!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Thanks man I try to run some seafoam mmo or b12 in everything I got currently 3 trailblazer 1 blazer 1 ram and small engines

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
7 Posts
I recently bought it a few month ago with this code and it was misfiring bad I fixed the misfire hasn’t done it since the first drive. But she is still very sluggish with the p0016 code. There’s 0 engine noise also the cat was punched out when I bought it . The oil is kinda sludgy gonna change it again tomorrow but the motor sounds too good to be hurt, I pulled the cpas out already it looks to be replaced and or brand new and very clean I’ve tried everything. Also when it’s cold on startup it has a little power but once she warms up she’s a slug.
Replace the cam position sensor. Been there twice before i bet the screen is plugged on it.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,806 Posts
Also, the screen is part of the camshaft position actuator solenoid (aka VVT solenoid), NOT the camshaft position sensor.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
The screen is there to keep big blobs and chunks or contaminated and glopified old oil outta the works.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
All of that has already been replaced and is spotless I’ve mentioned a few times…

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
That yuck you have in the oil and under the 710 cap is likely from condensate formed in the crankcase because of a non-op PCV system ..... it WILL affect your cam position device ... (the part that actually moves the exhaust cam advance/retard) .... thusly, the P0016

Time for another video .......

Hi first time replying on here. Do you happen to have a video or other tutorial on how you clean the pcv system. Pretty sure mine has the so called "chocolate milk". I've replace the vet solenoid 3 times and have also cleaned the gunk from inside the oil cap. Thanks

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Hi first time replying on here. Do you happen to have a video or other tutorial on how you clean the pcv system. Pretty sure mine has the so called "chocolate milk". I've replace the vet solenoid 3 times and have also cleaned the gunk from inside the oil cap. Thanks
I think I discussed that in the video ... where the B12 goes, although I didn't aactually show that process.

In case you missed it, take that big black hose off the upper nipple and put the B12 in the open end of the hose ... reinstall it without the clamp, start the engine after 1/2 hour or so, repeat a few times.

Be sure to start with a hot engine ... you might remove the hose clamp when it's still cold .... and don't forget to clear out the liquid by starting the engine between doses.

B12 is very ... uh ... aggressive and it can harm paint ... so don't spill it.

It won't (maybe) hurt you (maybe) unless you (maybe) bathe in it (maybe) .... but I recommend that you use protection to keep it from going through your skin to attack your kidneys.

I used it a lot ... even to clean parts and had my hands in it .... but I don't suggest you do that.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Part 2

When the PCV is working, if you cover the oil hole where the 710 cap goes with your hand, you should feel a gentle-to-firm suction. If not, it's not clean enough yet.

There are numerous vehicles that now use the static PCV system .... but they all have one .... a PCV system, that is.

You prolly should change your oil,after you get the system working .... even if it's just a little.

Continue the B12 Treatments regularly for a while, and then maybe just before the next oil change, do it again.

Where you're putting the B12 ... has nothing directly to do with your oil and wont actually purge it of moisture . .. but it will make the PCV to suck clean the crankcase and also indirectly, the oil at the same time.

Repeat as necessary. It may take a while to heat and dry the oil to get rid of the Hershey's/emulsion.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts