Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I walked outside this morning and the Rainier was sitting on its rear wheels. I have never seen it look like this before, and now I'm, trying to figure out what's going on. It is a 2004 with 75K miles on the clock. The compressor filled the air bags back up, and so far it's holding. I don't like the idea of starting to fix the air suspension, but I'm going to do some troubleshooting to see if the bags are the culprit.

If it is in fact the air bags, I want to convert over to coil springs. The most this vehicle ever tows is a 5x8 utility trailer. I know that there are various degrees of spring rate for the rear springs, and I would also go ahead and replace the rear shocks with Bilstein HD's.

Does anyone have a rear spring code for mid range firmness, or has anyone used Arnott aftermarket springs? Also do I just need to ask for the Bilstein's for a Envoy/Trailblazer with non-air suspension when ordering? Model #'s for the Bilsteins would be helpful.

Anyother insight would be helpful when tackling this project. I don't want the Rainier to have a crazy rake back to front. I would like it to sit level when the conversion is complete.

Thanks,
RB:confused:

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good info. Thanks! This is my wife's daily driver, and she isn't too keen on monitoring the performance of her vehicle. I will drive this weekend and try to figure out if the compressor is constantly running or not. I have been impressed so far with the build quality (knock on wood), and haven't done much maintenance outside of the preventative kind. A few dollars won't hurt to keep it going.

-RB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts