Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 2003 tb i just replaced the battery and when i turn on my A\C my car idles funny can anyone help or point me in the right way you can email me at [email protected]
note***(this problem started when i replaced my battery):thx

·
Registered
137 Posts
When you disconnect the battery the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), your TB's computer reboots and resets all the systems under it's control to the default settings. The adjustments stored in the computer that it has learned that compensates for variations from optimum to tune the engine, etc. are lost and they have to be relearned. So until the PCM has learned the new adjustments some things may not work the best.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know how long this process will take

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
this ones easy..
You have to disconnect your battery again for at least 30 min.
in the meantime- clean the throttle body.
the cleaner cost about $5 at the store (throttle body cleaner).
when you reconnect it all- your car will purr like new again.

heres the how to...

http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=91

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah

THANKS ALOT WORKS FINE NOW JUST PERFECT :thx:hahano:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
glad to hear it worked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok im sad say i have another issue

ok.. check this out this past sat. i was heading out of town with some of my friends everything is fine but now i have a new problem all my gauges dropped except for my rpm and speedometer all the lights cam on except for check engine reduce engine power. o also my windows didnt roll down and the lights on the window control switch was out (security light stayed on all the lights went off ) HELP THIS IS ANNOYING :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I would guess megafuse as well, feeding the rear fuse block. Do you have a meter? Did anybody get a jump start off you lately?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im Not 100 percent sure if its a blown mega fuse due to the fact i have a amp for my subs hooked up to that and i would suppose that if it was blown my amp wouldnt cut on but i will check thats guys

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The scoop

It seems like im having a security issue fellas i put my key in the ignition and go to start it nothing.. im guessing a bcm issue come to find out i think its a common issue for some if not most (my gauges will not work,my air, power locks and windows will not roll down thought it was the ignition switch im heading to the dealership this weekend will keep you updated with my tb

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update :

Ok Fellas Ive had my tb for a while now and i forgot to update this topic its closed the dealer ship discovered that i had a short in my driver side control switch so grand total ..........$550 bucks rewired and put a new switch i got lucky the dealer may have won the money but all my ses lights are gone and i have no more problems (just to steer all others in the right direction i had a buddy of mine who had the same problem but his was in fact the bcm you have 2 bcm and 1 pcm one is under the passenger seat connected to the fuse box and the other one is in the lift gate module yes behind the liftgate pannel wierd but its the truth so thanks to everyone who replied:woot:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts