Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. at my wits end. instrument cluster oil pressure, amp, water temp and fuel gauges all at zero. info center says unknown driver. security, abs, airbag, seatbelt, check gauges warning lights all on. none of the windows work and radio doesn't work. tach and speedometer work. code reader "won't connect". but trailblazer starts and runs good. vehicle has been parked for a couple of months and has had to be jump started a couple of times. checked voltage from alt. 14.1 volts when running. replaced instrument cluster and didn't cure problem. have checked the fuses and couldn't find any bad. did notice if I unplug and plug instrument cluster back in, gauges will work for about 2 secs, then drop back to zero. any ideas? thanks in advance.
Ray.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
did more troubleshooting over pass few days. had checked the mega fuse (installed) and it checked good. decided to remove the mega fuse and check it again. when i bent it just a little, it went completely open. so problem all along was a bad mega fuse. put the new fuse in and all problems were gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts