Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm late in the game posting this out here, but any help would be appreciated. I've posted this call for help on other forums without success, and have posted this in the General Topic group not knowing about this one. I have a 2003 Trailblazer LTZ 4x4 with the 4.2 liter Straight-6 running on stock 17" wheels that is my daily driver/kid hauler. I am needing to replace the entire suspension, both front struts/springs as well as the rear shocks/springs. I would also like to add a 2.5" front/2" rear suspension lift without the use of blocks, spacers or buffer plugs. I was wondering if the suspension from a 2005-2008 Silverado/Sierra 1500 4x4 or Z71 would fit my TB? Also, would I run into any problems with the stabilizer bars, upper/lower control arms, tie-rods, steering components and any related joints/mounts/clamps? As it is right now, I have absolutely no travel with the suspension on the truck, so any and all helpful answers would be appreciated, just as long as the response isn't sarcastic and dismissive. I've had previous posts on other forums that somehow drew a number of trolls like fruit flies to over-ripe bananas. If you're just going to sound off like the rest of the trolls that are out there, please save your breathe. There is more than enough negativity to go around without it being spewed out here. Thank you in advance. If I can get it to work, I'll post pics to show the end results. Again, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The rears will require some kinda longer springs and shocks with enough travel to not top out. That's kinda the way it is for that end of the vehicle.

The front? Without spacers? Considering a different suspension?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Well ... I can visualize using a solid front differential/axle assy from an earlier model 4wd Chevy. I am thinking ... like ... my '86 K5 front axle assy f'rinstance.....

This would totally remove the "axle through the pan" on your 4.2... if that's the engine you have.

Since our "trucks" have a real frame, anything's possible for welding on the springs, shock mounts... and the rack is still a viable alternative I think.... mebee.

You ARE looking at a serious changeover.... but it's intriguing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts