Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting misfire error codes and sure enough one of my coils is damaged and must be replaced.

Question is...
Have any of you had bad experiences with 3rd party coils that are not AC Delco? Auto parts is charging me over $120 each coil and online i see some places charging about $160 for ALL 6!

I am really tempted to get all 6 for that price but worried if there would be any problems. They say they have lifetime warranty but I must pay shipping (providing proof of purchase).

Has anyone had any bad experiences or perhaps you got something like this and had no problems?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
I am getting misfire error codes and sure enough one of my coils is damaged and must be replaced.

Question is...
Have any of you had bad experiences with 3rd party coils that are not AC Delco? Auto parts is charging me over $120 each coil and online i see some places charging about $160 for ALL 6!

I am really tempted to get all 6 for that price but worried if there would be any problems. They say they have lifetime warranty but I must pay shipping (providing proof of purchase).

Has anyone had any bad experiences or perhaps you got something like this and had no problems?
Don't know where you're finding AC coils for $120 each, but can tell you they are available for $45 or so. Forget the aftermarket crap, look deeper for AC.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your quick feedback!

I went to see the coils and found out the last two have the screw broken and therefore cannot be tightened! They are completely loose! My last mechanic must have broken them and didn't say anything!

Problem now is... How can I remove the broken piece of screw left inside if there is very little room to get in there to begin with? Any ideas? A drill with a screw remover won't fit in that little space! Any ideas how to remove them?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
I had the same problem recently. One cool went out after work and I didn't want to deal with the problem again soon so I bought 6 new ones and installed them. I paid $60 each and they were BGN brand or something like that from advanced auto. My trailblazer runs GREAT now! Like a new truck. The interesting thing is that it didn't throw any codes so I had to quests which one was bad. It was #5. I have 131,000 miles on it now and love the way it runs after this repair I definitely recommend doing all 6!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts