Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just parked on a slight incline, car was running fine and out of nowhere it started rough idling. I moved it off the incline, still idling roughly. When I pulled out to go to my destination, rpms go up, but the power doesn't match. It was doing the same thing it was doing when I had a bad coil in it, but worse. As I go on the ramp, I step on the gas, not going past 30 mph, rpms in the 3500 range. Then it surges to about 50-60 mph. I got it to about 70 mph and it wouldn't go past that no matter what. When I got to my destination and parked the car, I could barely get it to take off. RPMs going up but barely any movement. While all of this is going on, my car is still idling very rough. I checked under the hood while my car was still running, the engine was shaking pretty badly. That's when I decided to shut the car off, and I couldn't get it to start back up since. All of this happened within about 20-25 min. I've had someone tell me it might be the transmission, but would that cause my car not to start? 203,xxx miles. It was also low on oil while this was happening. I was told to check the trans fluid but I can't because the car won't start. The most recent thing i've done to the car was replace the water pump.

When trying to start it btw, it cranks but it won't start. I've had someone tell me the engine may have seized due to low oil but it wouldn't crank at all if it were locked up right?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,410 Posts
It sounds like it has a fuel problem (lack of). If you can, check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. Has the fuel filter ever been replaced? It is located under the truck, mounted on the chassis rail.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like it has a fuel problem (lack of). If you can, check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. Has the fuel filter ever been replaced? It is located under the truck, mounted on the chassis rail.
Had a family mechanic look at it, he said the fuel pump isn’t working at all. Gonna replace it and see if that fixes my problem. I do hear the fuel pump prime though when I turn the key, but it’s a nasty sound unlike the clean hum it’s supposed to give off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts