Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently got my truck back from the body shop after an accident and unfortunately when they replaced my driver's side rear view mirror, the broke the door panel in the process. The body shop can only find used, unmatched door panels. I was looking for a gray, driver's side door panel without the hole for power windows (as I don't have that feature). The model I have is a GMC Envoy SLE with gray interior with carbon fiber trim. Also I was wondering, in the event I can only find a wood trim panel, can I swap the trim piece from the broken one? Or is that not removable?

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Never knew they made an Envoy without power windows. You have a crank? :confused:

Carbon fiber trim may also be aftermarket, and tough to match.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Door Trim

If you look at the attached picture what I meant was the carbon fiber trim. Most replacements I've found are wood trim. I was wondering if swapping these two would be an easy process if all I could get is a wood trim panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found The Details...

So What I need is the drivers side front door panel with trim code 92H. Any suggested sites, junkyards, or any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:undecided Where have you looked (read: searched) so far?
I have tried calling about 20 junkyards in CO, MO, TX, AZ and WY. I have been looking for used but at this point I am open to purchasing a new door panel. At least then it will match. Any sites that sell new ones?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
476 Posts
I recently got my truck back from the body shop after an accident and unfortunately when they replaced my driver's side rear view mirror, they broke the door panel in the process. The body shop can only find used, unmatched door panels.
:eek:fftopic: :hijacked
Not to rub salt in your wound but....... what kind of body shop are you dealing with? 1) They do not know how to remove a door panel from a motor vehicle that has been around since 2002. 2) When they got the truck after the accident your door panel was un damaged; they broke it and now it is your job to find a replacement?

My advice to you is to get the insurance company involved. Be polite but firm. The whole idea of going to a body shop is to have your truck look better than before it went in, not worse. If you paid a deposit or the deductable with a credit card get the credit card company to work for you. If for some reason there truly is no matching piece available from any source, insist the body shop or insurance company foot the bill for a matching CF part, even if it is aftermarket.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
71 Posts
Not to rub salt in your wound but....... what kind of body shop are you dealing with? 1) They do not know how to remove a door panel from a motor vehicle that has been around since 2002. 2) When they got the truck after the accident your door panel was un damaged; they broke it and now it is your job to find a replacement?

My advice to you is to get the insurance company involved. Be polite but firm. The whole idea of going to a body shop is to have your truck look better than before it went in, not worse. If you paid a deposit or the deductable with a credit card get the credit card company to work for you. If for some reason there truly is no matching piece available from any source, insist the body shop or insurance company foot the bill for a matching CF part, even if it is aftermarket.

ditto, that's horsey!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I contacted the insurance guy I was dealing with this morning. I am hoping he can be some help. It's another person's insurance company I am dealing with (grand island express). The guy was driving the semi who was at fault for the pile up. I was car number 4 of 8 so there was no way it would have been my fault. Just waiting to hear back from him. I will let you all know how it goes.

:thx

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No Progress

So I have contacted the Better Business Bureau about this and they closed the case saying it "could not resolve this case to satisfy both parties". Maaco told them it was already broken! :nono: I reopened the case with the BBB and have heard nothing back. I have also contacted the insurance guy from Grand Island Express hoping they will call Maaco as Maaco keeps telling me I broke it! I will keep you all posted. :hopeless

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
Maaco told them it was already broken! :nono: I reopened the case with the BBB and have heard nothing back. I have also contacted the insurance guy from Grand Island Express hoping they will call Maaco as Maaco keeps telling me I broke it! I will keep you all posted. :hopeless
Not trying to be a ****, but why did you take it to Maaco? If some one elses insurance is paying for it, you can be damn sure I would have taken it to the dealer or at the very least a reptubale body shop, not some one who advertises $300 paint jobs

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not trying to be a ****, but why did you take it to Maaco? If some one elses insurance is paying for it, you can be damn sure I would have taken it to the dealer or at the very least a reptubale body shop, not some one who advertises $300 paint jobs
This was my first accident and I'm not too familiar with the area (Denver) as I am from NYC.

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
That sucks man, I hope you don't end up getting screwed over in this process (although it's starting to look like a done deal in that department :worried:)

·
Banned
1,604 Posts

:iagree::iagree::iagree: No reason for a body shop it break something like that. If they do they are usually responsible for finding the exact replacement and get it done right. Deff call your insurance because there is no reason to spend extra money now.

Good luck :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts