Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Envoy XL SLT with the non-Bose 6 disk in dash radio. I just bought the isimple interface for my IPOD but it apparently needs a satellite radio port. The installation instructions say that the radio may have an inactive satellite radio port and to contact my dealer for activation. My local dealer had no idea what I was talking about. Anyone know if this port is on my radio and if so, how do I activate it?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
81 Posts
I have a 2003 Envoy XL SLT with the non-Bose 6 disk in dash radio. I just bought the isimple interface for my IPOD but it apparently needs a satellite radio port. The installation instructions say that the radio may have an inactive satellite radio port and to contact my dealer for activation. My local dealer had no idea what I was talking about. Anyone know if this port is on my radio and if so, how do I activate it?
hey wuts up, you need the actual radio that has the port in the back, it is the port that allows the dealer to install satellite radio and cd changers. The isimple plugs into that port and tricks the radio, thinking its one of the above but just an ipod. If that port is not in the back of the radio, you are out of luck. If there is a port you do not need to activate it just plug it in as the directions say. plug your ipod in. and on the radio press cd changer/satellite button and you should hear the ipod.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. What does the port look like? How can I tell if it is there?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No luck

I took my car to the local dealer who tried to activate the satellite radio port but found that my radio had no such port. I contacted Delphi who responded that the features were set by the auto manufacturer and Peripheral Electronics was unable to help any further. Peripheral was able to send me the instructions on how the dealership could activate the port, as the initial response I received from the service dept was that it was not possible. Once they had the instructions, they knew what to do.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
32 Posts
Thanks for the update I'll just keep on with the FM transmitter for now I guess.

It's better than nothing...

Steve

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If interested...

If you are interested in the Peripheral (ISimple) PXAMG IPOD Interface and HD Radio receiver, I have them with the wire harness. I am looking to get $150.00 for the package. (Cost over $200.00).

[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts