Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LS, 4200 engine.
I put key into door lock and turn it. It acts like its attached to nothing.
Keyfob and inside door lock/unlock works just fine.

What do I need to replace to fix this? Want to have parts in hand prior
to taking inside door panel off.

-Darryl

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I had to replace the whole lock assy in the door - and that's NOT a lot of fun!

The failure on mine was that it was worn out and it wobbled just enough to make the plastic retainer slip apart every time I used the key.

You might have the same trouble - but you've gotta get into the door panel first to find out.

Parts are cheap - especially if it's just the plastic lock-device.

These (^) may not be yours, they are just an example.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my '03 TB when i bought it, then i noticed the same thing on mine. that the key did nothing when turned in the door. i removed the door panel and noticed that the lock rod had came off of the lock cylinder and when the window was lowered then it bent the rod really badly. I took the rod off and did my best to try to reform the bends it was supposed to have. then I found a new clip and reinstalled it. now the problem is that i must not have formed the bends correctly because everytime i use the key to unlock the door now, it sets off the alarm when i open the door. but at least it will unlock the door now! Luckily i checked the key to see if it would unlock the door when i first got the TB with the door open just in case it wouldn't lol. phew, that would have sucked otherwise!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts