Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out whats going on with my a/c. I have an 03 trailblazer LT. My A/C wont blow cold yet it is full with refrigerant. When I am at idle and parked my will rpm start to go up and down.(usually when the compressor cycles on and off). It sometimes will drop to zero causing my car to shut off. This only seems to happen when I have the a/c on amd I'm parked or at a light. I recently cleaned my throttle body thinking that may solve the problem but still nothing. I dont k ow hiw relevant it may be but ive also change my blower motor resister because my a/c was nit working on the 1st and 5th setti gs but is working now but still no cold air.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
262 Posts
Welcome to the forum. First, changing the blower motor resistor pack normally would not have an effect on the compressor. You'll need a set of AC gauges in order to determine if the system is properly charged. However there is some troubleshooting you can do if you do not have a set of AC gauges.

Please go to Ac issue and read the #3 and #8 postings by Ravalli Surfer, one of our resident gurus, for some "quick and dirty diagnostic tests".

Now, based on personal experience with 2 different vehicles I own, the engine should not die when the AC compressor cycles on. If it does, then there is a strong possibility that the compressor is locking up which is a bad thing and, well, you'll likely need a new AC compressor. If it has self destructed, then you will also likely be needing to replace the AC condenser as well as the accumulator-drier and the orifice tube. You'll also need to flush the AC lines to get all the crap out before putting the new compressor and other components in otherwise you can kiss the new parts goodbye in the very near future due to the contamination left in the AC system.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts