Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 ext climate control unit will not function at all, whether its on 1-5 manual speeds or on auto climate control. It stopped working few days ago and since then nothing has worked except for one instance where the fan kicked on full blast for a min or so but then stopped again. I have read several thread on here talking about the module and how it fixed a similar problem, but also where the module didn't solve the problem bc the blower motor was shot. Would rather not take to mechanic bc they charge $65 just to look at the truck then part cost and labor so......lets make this work! thanks

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Got a meter? You can check the voltage going to the blower motor and rule it out if there's no voltage there. And you can jump 12V to it and prove that it works.

Do you have the digital temp controls or the 5-speed fan manual ones?

It may also not be the speed module or resistor pack, but simply an overheated wiring harness down there. Have you poked about with a flashlight and LOOKED yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have a meter but yes I did drop the glove box down and tap on the motor while looking around. I have the digital climate control system but I can also use it manually and adjust the fan......what should I LOOK for with a flashlight?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts