Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, so thank you in advance for all your help. I have a 2002 Trailblazer and my remote key less entry has stopped working on both of my FOB's. I have changed the batteries and they are still not working. I have tried to reprogram by the following method found online:
hold unlock
-ignition on
-ignition off
-ignition on
-ignition off
release unlock button

Car enters programming mode shown by locking and unlocking doors.
I then hold lock/unlock on FOB for 30 seconds.
When reprogrammed locks are supposed to cycle. They are NOT cycling.
I then exit programming mode by putting ignition to on.

I have tried to locate fuses, but cannot figure out which fuses affect this part from the owners manual. Any help with that would be much appreciated.

Also, my fiancee had lowered the back seats to put things in the back when they stopped working. I have read that the receiver is located there, but I have not been able to find out what it looks like or where it is to see if a wire has come loose. Thanks for your help.
Slade

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved

I found on another thread that there is a wire in the boot between the tailgate and the body of the TB's and Envoy's that will break. It is a small orange wire. This wire will stop the power to the key less entry. There is also a ground that regularly breaks and it will affect the back wiper and automatic locking mechanism.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts