Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Last winter up in Michigan right after we had the polar vortex hit us dropping the temperatures down to -40 I started to have problem with me abs sensors. At the time I blew it off because it was winter and theirs ice and snow everywhere so I thought the abs was just working the way it should. Once all the snow and ice was gone however, every time I would come to a stop the abs kicked on every single time I braked, but only when I was about to come to a complete stop. Two weeks ago I finally bit the bullet and replaced one of the sensors, when I was testing to see which one it was I unplugged one and drove around the neighborhood to see if it kicked on, and I noticed that with the passenger side unplugged it went away, cool but just to make sure I plugged it back in and unplugged the driver side and same thing no abs kick on. I found it odd so I plugged both in and boom abs kicked on every time again. In the end I replaced the passenger side with the new sensor and now the abs doesn't come on BUT now the abs light is illuminated on my dashboard. Is there something that I need to do to reset the light after putting a new sensor in or could it be another issue? The light only came on a hand full of times when the abs would kick on along with the brake light but it never stayed illuminated like it is now. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
You did something screwy with the sensor wiring. Retrace your steps and ensure Tab A goes to Slot A and not Tab A going to Slot B. In regards to the original problem, you have work suspension parts. Get your suspension looked at and replaced parts as needed.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts