Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We replaced the pads with the better ones and after about 5K miles they started squeaking just driving down the road. Worse when turning and its coming from the passenger front brakes. We took them off and they look fine so we cleaned up the whole area and put more anti squeak goop and its still there. Any help?

Thank you.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Did you check the rotor and pad clearance? Does your caliper move freely? Id say it could be a stuck caliper that isnt releasing but Id start with bleeding the brakes if you didnt do it with the pad/rotor change. I had an issue with my rear rotors squeaking under light braking and after I pulled them apart, bled the fluid, and sanded some of the rust off the sides and it went away. Its so nice to not have it squeak all the time, been bugging me for the last 6mo. Havent had a chance to rip it apart until this past Tuesday.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
There is a small piece of sheet metal attached to the pads to tell when the material is getting thin. They touch the rotor to tell you to replace the pads. Make sure it is not bent and touching the rotor. Not sure if the TB's use this system but most pads have them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts