Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello and good day everybody. going to be changing the coolant and both radiator hoses on my 2002 trailblazer soon. figured while I was at it I should change the thermostat. problem is looking at Rock auto I get conflicting pictures of what the oem and afternmarket version look like.would like to stay with the acdelco brand if possible but it looks a lot shorter without the gooseneck bend that I have seen by other manufacturers. they list the part number as # 1511006 and it appears to replace the following previous models {#12572988, 12602913, 12620112, 12T86E, 1510572} is that a correct assumption ? thanks for any advice you all may have. really want to get the OEM thermostat as my 2002 has close to 65,000 miles on it with the original thermostat and hoses. if the OEM stuff lasts this long with no signs of slowing up, I would like to stay with the same parts.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
hello and good day everybody. going to be changing the coolant and both radiator hoses on my 2002 trailblazer soon. figured while I was at it I should change the thermostat. problem is looking at Rock auto I get conflicting pictures of what the oem and afternmarket version look like.would like to stay with the acdelco brand if possible but it looks a lot shorter without the gooseneck bend that I have seen by other manufacturers. they list the part number as # 1511006 and it appears to replace the following previous models {#12572988, 12602913, 12620112, 12T86E, 1510572} is that a correct assumption ? thanks for any advice you all may have. really want to get the OEM thermostat as my 2002 has close to 65,000 miles on it with the original thermostat and hoses. if the OEM stuff lasts this long with no signs of slowing up, I would like to stay with the same parts.
Didn't get an answer over at BITOG so you decided to come here and ask the same question? :D Actually, very smart move.

Personally I bought the Stant thermostat for my 05. While there may be slight variations betweens manufacturers I think they will all work. Only reason I bought the Stant was because they were out of stock of the A/C Delco.

I plan on changing mine out this week. Personally I intend to stay with the Dexcool. I know all the horror stories and the intense dislike of Dexcool (especially at the other forum) but around here we haven't seen any problems.
Rbarrios has photos of his engine when he changed his, and his engine looked like new.

Edit: Check this out:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=32326&highlight=thermostat

Photo number 13.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't get an answer over at BITOG so you decided to come here and ask the same question? :D Actually, very smart move.

Personally I bought the Stant thermostat for my 05. While there may be slight variations betweens manufacturers I think they will all work. Only reason I bought the Stant was because they were out of stock of the A/C Delco.

I plan on changing mine out this week. Personally I intend to stay with the Dexcool. I know all the horror stories and the intense dislike of Dexcool (especially at the other forum) but around here we haven't seen any problems.
Rbarrios has photos of his engine when he changed his, and his engine looked like new.

Edit: Check this out:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=32326&highlight=thermostat

Photo number 13.

Hey thanks for noticing me in both places LOL ! figured the members here might have more of the info that I needed. I did see the pics that you are talking about and the results did look good. guess my big concern is the dexcool eating away at the gaskets and causing some internal leaks. the dexcool in my ride was changed at 45,000 and the old stuff looked pretty good. the last Stant thermostat I replaced in my 96 Jimmy went bad after a couple of months. I am very impressed the way the OEM parts have held up on my 2002 and would hope that I can get the same wear if using the same parts. want this thing to last a long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts