Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light is gone but the problem still persists with engine missing. Even though I replaced the "oil pressure sender/switch" pressure. I replaced the defective switch with the same "WVE" brand. Also, I replaced the coil and spark plug #3.
For example, the check gauge oil pressure lights up and thereafter the oil pressure needle goes to zero. I have to rev up the engine to its proper setting. Goes to zero especially when AC is set to 2? Oil gauge goes to zero less often with AC off? Moreso, an engine "knock" happens and is more pronounced with AC on or off?
Meaning when the engine is idling with AC on the engine knock is more frequent and louder about every 15/30 seconds. With AC off while the engine idles the engine knock still occurs less often and less loud?
Previously I cleaned the throttle. Also, would cleaning the Variable valve solenoid help solve the engine knocking?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,410 Posts
Assuming you the 6 cyl engine, if the oil pressure gauge is going to zero at idle even after oil pressure switch replacement, you need to have a mechanical gauge connected and measure actual oil pressure. Since you report engine knock, it is very possible you have a problem internally in the engine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming you the 6 cyl engine, if the oil pressure gauge is going to zero at idle even after oil pressure switch replacement, you need to have a mechanical gauge connected and measure actual oil pressure. Since you report engine knock, it is very possible you have a problem internally in the engine.
Thanks, Envoyboy2004:
Your feedback is very much appreciated. Please correct me is the oil pressure sensor on the right side of the engine just below the intake manifold? Do I remove the oil pressure sensor and place the oIL pressure gauge into the hole of the sensor? If the gauge reads 6 or above but the gauge needle still goes to zero what could the problem be other than internal engine problem?
Thanks, RR004

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,410 Posts
The oil pressure switch is located near the oil filter. At idle, the oil pressure should be at least 35 - 40 PSI. If it is much lower than that. it's possible the oil pick-up is clogged.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check engine light is gone but the problem still persists with engine missing. Even though I replaced the "oil pressure sender/switch" pressure. I replaced the defective switch with the same "WVE" brand. Also, I replaced the coil and spark plug #3.
For example, the check gauge oil pressure lights up and thereafter the oil pressure needle goes to zero. I have to rev up the engine to its proper setting. Goes to zero especially when AC is set to 2? Oil gauge goes to zero less often with AC off? Moreso, an engine "knock" happens and is more pronounced with AC on or off?
Meaning when the engine is idling with AC on the engine knock is more frequent and louder about every 15/30 seconds. With AC off while the engine idles the engine knock still occurs less often and less loud?
Previously I cleaned the throttle. Also, would cleaning the Variable valve solenoid help solve the engine knocking?

What did you do eventually? I have a similar problem

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At this point, I have not quite decided to do the fix suggested by my TB colleague. I'm sure its solid advice, however, after all the time and money if the fix works and shortly thereafter the engine blows due to a possible factory engine defect, " a crack in the cylinder bore liner" then I"m out of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts