Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I have a 2002 trailblazer and the transmission is taking too long to change gears. When I 1st started to notice the problem it was taking 5 miles per hour extra on the dash board before it switched gears for example if it normally switched on 30mps it would switch on 35mps. But now its taking almost 10mps on the dash board before it switches gears. I am afriad I am going to blow the transmission my father says it may just need the transmission fluid changed and a quart of luka. A little advice or help please thank you.

I am also experiencing a power stearing leak at 1st it was leaking from various places. I had a coworker look at it he said its problably a hose broken (he had experience the same problem). It was leaking in 3 spots under the front left side of the car. Now it only leaks around or right next to the front driver side tire. I took it to a mechanic but just by looking at it he says he will need to replace the rack but at the time he looked at it the leaking was coming from the middle front of the car. I dont understand it seems to be leaking from many places but at different times can someone please help me expecially with finding cheap parts please thank you.

and my third problem is everytime I am slowing down I keep hearing this noise that sounds like someone shaking a spray can (the sound of the ball inside a spray can being shaked) its coming from the front driver side. I dont know if its either the tie rod because i just had that replace in february or the brake pad but when I slow down it makes that noise. If I completely push the brakes down it doesnt make the noise.

I am sorry I feel like I am asking to too much
Please help me
Thank you

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat . #1) You have posted in the V8 section. #2) How many miles on the truck? Did you ever have the fluid and filter changed? Is the fluid at the full mark? #3) There is a PS cooler that runs across the front of the truck. It's kind of hidden below the radiator. They have been known to rust out and leak. #4) The rattle could be the anti-sway bar end links. Reach under the truck an try shaking the end links. They should not move easily or make any noise. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im sorry i posted in the wrong section but the truck has about 120,000 miles on it. i put power stearing fluid on my car every other day thas how bad the leak is and that i know of i have not changed the filter

so are saying that i might not need to replace the rack?

and you are probably right about the sway bar links because i think someone had checked it before and told me that they were going to go bad and this was last year

and what about the transmission problem

Gee thanks for your help

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I'll move it to a better section.

The power steering leak could be coming from the rack, the cooler, or the lines that go between them. My guess would be the cooler, but you need to crawl underneath and look. Fluid almost never drips straight down from where it's leaking, if it hits another part of the car and runs sideways. You need to hose it off, dry as much as you can with compressed air, and then watch closely while somebody else turns the wheel back and forth to exercise the pump. If you see a drip, work backwards to the source.

The transmission may need professional work. Some members work on their own, but I hope to never need to myself. Do you have anybody nearby with tranny experience? There are hundreds of moving parts inside, and it's almost impossible to tell what's happening without a scan tool talking to the transmission to ask it about various pressures and solenoid shift timing. It's getting beyond the ability of backyard mechanics to work on these electronically controlled vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts