Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I started to leave Atlanta headed back to Chattanooga and realized I had no A/C Blower motor, cruise control nor did the air compressor for the rear suspension. I checked all the fuzes and relays i could find both under the back seat and under the hood and they all checked out. I can put 12v power to the orange accesory wire coming out of the ignition switch and everything works. Is there anything else I can check before putting a new ignition switch in it?

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
The ignition switches, on these trucks, is like a crash of a pc hard-drive.
Not a question of "if it fails", the question is "when it fails".
Yours will fail at some point, might as well change it now.

Because,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the problems you are having do sound like ignition switch.

And, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New ignition switch

Will I be able to get the ignition switch aftermarket or will I have to get it from a dealer? I took the steering column apart and it doesnt look to difficult to switch out. I think I'll do it myself.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
The ignition switches, on these trucks, is like a crash of a pc hard-drive.
Not a question of "if it fails", the question is "when it fails".
Yours will fail at some point, might as well change it now.

Because,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the problems you are having do sound like ignition switch.

And, welcome to the site.
Yep, sounds like the Ign. sw.

Rayvoy, in general I agree w/ you about the switches going bad, but my '02 TB, which was built in spring of '01, has the original Ign. switch (knocking on wood a lot after I said that....LOL). So, yes, a LOT of them fail, but not all.
:weird:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
power at rear box

I have power on all my power adapters/cigarette lighter which are fused through the rear fuse box. Most of my other electrical systems work (windows, door locks, radio etc.)

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Rayvoy, in general I agree w/ you about the switches going bad, but my '02 TB, which was built in spring of '01, has the original Ign. switch (knocking on wood a lot after I said that....LOL). So, yes, a LOT of them fail, but not all.
:weird:
That's also true about computers :laugh:, not all hard-drives fail. But enough do, that it has become an expected occurrence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts